[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 25, 2024, 07:07:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Houston, Superstar of Records, Films, Dies  (Read 6121 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: February 11, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »

Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

link
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:23:02 PM by apples » Logged
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

She had a very beautiful voice, but many troubles too. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »

She had a very beautiful voice, but many troubles too. 
She was beautiful as well.. yet correct many troubles.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »

Grammy's tomorrow night. I wonder if she killed herself?
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »

Grammy's tomorrow night. I wonder if she killed herself?

I think with her years of drug use, something like heart failure or ODing is more likely.  Her publicist says she doesn't know the cause of death.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »

May she Rest In Peace.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »

I think with her years of drug use, something like heart failure or ODing is more likely.  Her publicist says she doesn't know the cause of death.
I think it was tmz this week had her with Ray-J
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »

Whitney Houston dead 48

Whitney Houston died this afternoon ... a rep for the singer told the Associated Press.

According to our sources, Houston died at the Beverly Hilton hotel. A police crime lab vehicle was seen outside the hotel just moments ago (see below).

snip

Houston had one child, Bobbi Kristina, with husband Bobby Brown. Houston and Brown were married from 1992-2007.

We spotted Whitney out just last weekend with on-again/off-again beau Ray-J (see video below).

link
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »

You may be right. Just a waste of a great voice she had at one time. Just a beauty as well.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

Bobby Brown in the parlor with a wrench!

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »

Whitney Houston Dies, Grammy Party Now Memorial

The tragedy of Whitney Houston’s death is huge. But the timing is awful, too. Suddenly, the annual pre Grammy dinner given by her mentor Clive Davis — which she was scheduled to attend– is set to become a memorial. It’s too late to cancel the 800 plus person dinner here at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. So somberly the theme of the evening will be to celebrate Houston’s life. This has to be extremely painful for Davis, who has counseled Whitney and stood by her through thick and thin. As recently as last year Davis guided Houston back into rehab with her personal counselor and took extreme care to make sure she was alright. Before she started filming “Sparkle” late last fall she reassured him she was ok. And my sources from the movie set swore to me that Houston was in fine shape. Her death–reportedly at the Beverly Hills Hotel where Davis would have put her up as his guest before tonight’s party–is immeasurably sad for her daughter Bobbi Kristina, her mother Cissy, sister in law and manager Pat Houston and the rest of their family. But for Davis it’s a stunning blow.

link
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »

Whitney Houston Approached for Seat on 'X Factor' Judges Panel (Exclusive)

UPDATED: Sources tell THR that the pop superstar has been approached for one of the spots vacated by departed judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.

UPDATED: On Saturday, Feb. 11, Houston's publicist broke news that the Grammy-winning singer had died at the age of 48. Story here.

Whitney Houston could be staging another career comeback with a coveted seat next to Simon Cowell on The X Factor’s judges panel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The pop diva, who performed on the U.K. version of The X Factor in October 2009, is said to have been approached to join the Fox talent series, according to a source close to the show.

Mariah Carey has remained under consideration since the initial casting of the show, though Cowell has gone on record with assumptions that the singer is too busy with her family life to participate. Rumors of a $100 million Beyonce offer, however, are just that -- rumors. Cowell was quick to shoot down the report in a recent interview.

PHOTOS: Grammy Parties 2012: Industry Bashes Leading Up to Music's Big Night

As previously reported by THR, Cowell fired host Steve Jones as well as judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger in one fell swoop. Judge L.A. Reid has inked a deal to return for the series’ second season.

Houston was spotted at a pre-Grammy party on Thursday, hosted by singer Kelly Price at TRU Hollywood. The 48-year-old diva also is expected to appear at Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy party on Saturday, where she will rub elbows with Quincy Jones, Tony Bennett, Jennifer Hudson, Elvis Costello and Sparkle co-star Cee Lo Green.

The singer also returns to the big screen in August in TriStar Pictures’ musical drama Sparkle, co-starring American Idol season six winner Jordin Sparks.

Reps for Houston and Cowell did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Fox declined to comment.

link
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »

Whitney Houston died this afternoon ... a rep for the singer told the Associated Press.

Our sources tell us a member of Whitney's entourage found her in her oom at the Beverly Hilton hotel ... and called hotel security -- who then dialed 911. When paramedics arrived Houston was found unresponsive.

We're told police arrived to the scene within minutes and fire was already there on an unrelated call. According to our sources, paramedics performed CPR but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

Our sources say there were no signs of obvious foul play, but a BH PD detectives have begun a full investigation. We're told she was ID'ed by family and friends.

The singer famously battled drug addiction for years.

Houston was seen out in Hollywood on Thursday night ... and she did not look well (see below).

link
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

Houston we have a problem... again! Whitney emerges from a nightclub looking extremely worse for wear article date Feb 10th 2012

According to Guinness World Records she is the most awarded female act of all time.

But having had a career that was once full of success at every turn Whitney Houston appears to be battling her demons once more.

The 48-year-old was spotted looking worse for wear last night in Hollywood, California after enjoying a party with friends.

The superstar singer had been a guest at the Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B Grammy Party at Tru Hollywood and had even performed during the night.

Dressed all in black, the How Will I Know singer appeared angry and agitated as she left the venue and looked like she had partied a little hard.

Wearing a short black dress the star emerged with her hair messed up and gestured aggressively to the waiting photographers.

photos at link
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »

Crack is whack

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytJpZguSy2U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytJpZguSy2U</a>

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email