[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 10:03:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP caves. Watch them raise taxes now.  (Read 3108 times)
jafo2010

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:31 PM »

JB,

I wonder about you sometimes.  There is no dream campaign here.  THE REPUBLICANS AGREED TO ALL OF THIS!!  THE REPUBLICANS ARE EQUALLY COMPLICIT IN RAISING TAXES WITH THE ELIMINATION OF THE BUSH TAX CUTS!!  OBAMA GOT WHAT HE WANTED,,,,,,,,,,,,,COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Republicans controlled the House of Representatives, and agreed to support the future tax increases....and agreed to the deceptive nonsense of implementation subsequent to the elections in Nov 2012.  The whole bloody lot on both sides of the aisle are WHORES.....hypocritical whores....but I suppose you will defend the Republicans that vote for this.  The Republican leadership couldn't find their *ss with both hands if they tried!

they just handed us a dream campaign issue for 2012;  tax increases.  and obama is married to raising them.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »

The gunrunning scandals need some serious Congressional Hearings. Eric Holder should be impeached and brought to a House trial so the whole country can see this mess.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »

As a matter of law, and utterly independent of anything in the debt ceiling deal, the current extension of the bush tax cuts expires at the end of 2012.  our candidate will run on extending them.  the president will run on raising taxes in general.  he will talk yet again about hedge fund managers, private jets, and a "balanced approach".  and he will lose.

JB,

I wonder about you sometimes.  There is no dream campaign here.  THE REPUBLICANS AGREED TO ALL OF THIS!!  THE REPUBLICANS ARE EQUALLY COMPLICIT IN RAISING TAXES WITH THE ELIMINATION OF THE BUSH TAX CUTS!!  OBAMA GOT WHAT HE WANTED,,,,,,,,,,,,,COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Republicans controlled the House of Representatives, and agreed to support the future tax increases....and agreed to the deceptive nonsense of implementation subsequent to the elections in Nov 2012.  The whole bloody lot on both sides of the aisle are WHORES.....hypocritical whores....but I suppose you will defend the Republicans that vote for this.  The Republican leadership couldn't find their *ss with both hands if they tried!

they just handed us a dream campaign issue for 2012;  tax increases.  and obama is married to raising them.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
natstew

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

first, the president wanted a "business as usual/budget buster" budget;  he didn't get it.  then he wanted a "clean bill" to increase the deficit;  he didn't get it.  then he wanted tax increases;  he didn't get them.  then he declared war on private jets, and attempted to deceive the country with the phrase, "balanced approach".  he failed.

he needed a fresh revenue stream to continue his unchecked mayhem upon the american people, and he didn't get it.  he is effectively in a box until november of 2012.

that is something.  it's not what I wanted, but it's something.  we have to be realistic.  we have one-half of the two legislative/operational branches of government, and the house freshmen have STILL changed the topic of conversation in washington.  up until this month, raising the debt ceiling has been a pro-forma sort of thing.  that is all over now.

I'm just thanking God for the midterms.  I can't imagine where we would be if ReBamaLosi still reigned supreme and unchallenged.

nothing but POSTURING! He got what he wanted and more than he expected.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »

I have no idea where you people are coming from.  other than not having to deal with this again before the election, he didn't get anything.

what did he get (that he could actually use)?

nothing but POSTURING! He got what he wanted and more than he expected.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »

The SuperCommittee (unconstitutional) will even have a seat for the White House (also unconstitutional) and it will vote to raise taxes (very obvious). The deal says their recommendation gets a vote and if it fails there will be big cuts to defense, medicare and other things.

The GOP is doomed either way. They actually voted for this. Stupid Party.

1. Punts the debt ceiling
2. No real spending cuts
3. Tax Hikes almost certain

This was a victory for the left.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »

it's apparently a huge win for the "gloom-and-doom-complaint-industry".   

I have never seen so many doomed people.

jafo2010

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »

The Republicans accomplished virtually nothing.  Sure, they got some tax cuts, but that number in the grand scheme of things is insignificant....no matter how they spin it.  The harsh reality is that we have a $1.6 trillion deficit.  Over 24 million people unemployed or under-employed...and I think the real number is much larger.

We are 15th - 20th+ in almost everything in the world, and continuing to decline further.

Every American should be livid, for Congress (both sides of the aisle) has decided to go down the road of increasing taxes versus cutting the mad cap spending.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email