[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 10:13:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casey Anthony is not guilty of first degree murder  (Read 3142 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-verdict-20110704,0,1425780.story

Casey Anthony is not guilty of first-degree murder in the killing of her two-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

Prosecutors did not prove Casey Anthony was guilty of capital murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie, a 12-member jury found this afternoon. Casey Anthony embraced defense attorney Jose Baez when the verdict was read, but the courtroom was silent. The prosecutors in the case, Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick, looked somber.

As soon as the jury left the courtroom, Casey hugged Baez, and then the rest of her defense team. All of them appeared to be crying. Defense team appeared giddy -- all were smiling, including Casey, while she was being fingerprinted.
Here is my 2 cents. The prosecutors had a lousy case.  I do not know if she killed her or not.From what the media has said It sure looked like she did. I know what the media said about her and know Casey is a self centered pyle. All she wanted is to party. The Chandra Levy case is a great example of how the media hounded that congressman ruined his life. The real killer is now in prison.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »

http://investigation.discovery.com/blogs/criminal-report/casey_anthony_full_coverage/timeline/june9-june14/june9-june14.html 

June 1 to June 2 – Casey's boyfriend, Anthony Lazzaro, watches Caylee swim in his pool. Lazzaro later recalls the date as the last time he saw Caylee.

June 9 – Between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Casey Anthony allegedly drops 2-year-old Caylee Anthony off with her nanny, Zenaida Hernandez-Gonzalez, at the Sawgrass Apartments on South Conway Road.
natstew

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:42:03 PM »

Casey Anthony is guilty of killing sweet little Caylee. I am greatly disapointed, but not surprised. I lived and worked in the Devil's Triangle of Orlando, Gainsville, St. Petersburg, (Pinellas County) for a number of years. The area is over run with perverts. I don't think a just jury could have been picked in that area.

Can't wait for the books to come out by the jurors. (sarcasm intended)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:22:17 AM by natstew » Logged
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »

I never really understood the prosecution's case in the first place.  I think she probably did it, but it's sheer supposition.  I don't think it was proven.  I never quite got how mother dearest went from "you're a drag on my partying lifestyle" to driving her decaying corpse around in the trunk.

but what the hell, let's riot anyway!  burn orlando!

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
natstew

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:34:11 PM »

I was working on Florida State University Campus when the OJ verdict was announced. I was afraid the blacks were going to "burn baby burn" the campus down and kill all the whites in celebration.

As for Casey, she'll be under the media microscope now. If she so much as spits it'll be nationwide. If she does any illegal drugs or breaks any other law it'll be nationwide. I doubt she can walk a legal line in the future.

She could have a spiritual conversion and dedicate her life to making amends for her crime, but I don't see it happening.

I wonder what the truth really is. I wonder if we'll ever know.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »

I thought they were in trouble when the Mom said she did the search for Chloroform. Also the human body when rotting puts out chloroform.  They never really had any evidence against her.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 04:35:55 PM »

I was working on Florida State University Campus when the OJ verdict was announced. I was afraid the blacks were going to "burn baby burn" the campus down and kill all the whites in celebration.

As for Casey, she'll be under the media microscope now. If she so much as spits it'll be nationwide. If she does any illegal drugs or breaks any other law it'll be nationwide. I doubt she can walk a legal line in the future.

She could have a spiritual conversion and dedicate her life to making amends for her crime, but I don't see it happening.

I wonder what the truth really is. I wonder if we'll ever know.
I doubt we ever will. Her actions from now on will be telling for me. The parents and brother too.
jafo2010

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »

I thought the prosecution's case was poor at best.  I think she was guilty, and I think the prosecution did a mediocre job of bringing justice to an innocent child.

Who allows their child to go off with a nanny for 30 days?  And where are the phone records of the mother calling to talk to her daughter each day?

This case stinks!  I know a few worthless government attorneys that should be fired first thing in the morning.
natstew

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:51 AM »

The one who was snickering in court while the defense attorney was speaking should have been removed from the courtroom and a mistrial declared.

As for evidence, there was plenty of circumstantial evidence. People watch too much TV Court shows. People think there has to be DNA or video of the crime to convict. Before DNA and before everyone was walking around with video phones criminals were convicted on less evidence than was presented in this case. I think the 5 men and 7 women were pissed off at the Court, the Judge, and the Prosecuter and gave Casey a walk to get back at them.
natstew

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »

And it would not necessarily be a bad thing if Orlando burned.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

And it would not necessarily be a bad thing if Orlando burned.

I think it would considering part of the program I work on is based out of Orlando and I know a lot of those people.  Innocent people shouldn't be punished for the actions of one individual.

Obviously the prosecutor failed to present a case beyond a reasonable doubt. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
jafo2010

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »

I believe the jury was comprised of folks from Tampa, brought in special for this trial to give her an unbiased opportunity for her defense.  I guess that strategy worked.

No matter how much of an *sshole the judge and prosecution are, and believe me, it is difficult for any judge not to be a major screaming *sshole, the jury knows their responsibility, and in a capital case, I suspect they did not think she was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

For that to be the case, the prosecution failed miserably.
natstew

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »

If Jennifer Ford is typical of the other 11 jurrors I can understand how they came up with innocent, "I didn't say she's not guilty" How can anyone not say she's not guilty and say she's innocent. What rock did they find these people living under?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email