[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 11:42:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking: Palin's not running for re-election  (Read 4963 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »

you keep going back to "troopergate".  you can spin that one any way you want.  the legislature, whom she pissed off for refusing to continue to do things the old fashioned, corrupt way, found that she abused her power.  that is a strictly political use of words.  she was cleared of any wrongdoing.

She was cleared by the personnel board that she appoints that's a shocker.   :Smiley  The Legislature said she abused her powers, the personnel board said she didn't.  The personnel board didn't even come into play until Palin made a complaint against herself.  The whole Troopergate was obviously the more expensive to the state and that included having to fly around the country to meet up with Palin.  Also, part of her recurring cost was because she made a complaint against herself, knowing that it would go to the personnel board that she appointed. 

Regardless of these ethical complaints, just this week we was caught lying about how well prepared the villages are for this winter after the massive flooding.  She said they were 50% ready, the guy came out and flat out said "No I didn't NOT say that, we are not 50% prepared."  You have fishermen, including police officers, openly fishing in closed off waters because they do not have enough food to last through this coming winter. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »

She was cleared by the personnel board that she appoints that's a shocker.   :Smiley  The Legislature said she abused her powers, the personnel board said she didn't.  The personnel board didn't even come into play until Palin made a complaint against herself.  The whole Troopergate was obviously the more expensive to the state and that included having to fly around the country to meet up with Palin.  Also, part of her recurring cost was because she made a complaint against herself, knowing that it would go to the personnel board that she appointed. 

Regardless of these ethical complaints, just this week we was caught lying about how well prepared the villages are for this winter after the massive flooding.  She said they were 50% ready, the guy came out and flat out said "No I didn't NOT say that, we are not 50% prepared."  You have fishermen, including police officers, openly fishing in closed off waters because they do not have enough food to last through this coming winter. 

you are aware that alaska is the most corrupt state on the other side of arkansas, right?  big oil has bought most of the state legislature, and Sarah had already taken them on several times by the time "troopergate" happened.  the head of the state republican party in alaska is among her harshest critics.  think about it.

and why is that when she said "x", and the other guy said "not x", that it is automatically HER that is lying?  and how is she responsible for flooding?  alaska is a gigantic place, and it's remote, almost by definition. 

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »

you are aware that alaska is the most corrupt state on the other side of arkansas, right?  big oil has bought most of the state legislature, and Sarah had already taken them on several times by the time "troopergate" happened.  the head of the state republican party in alaska is among her harshest critics.  think about it.

and why is that when she said "x", and the other guy said "not x", that it is automatically HER that is lying?  and how is she responsible for flooding?  alaska is a gigantic place, and it's remote, almost by definition. 

The villager has no reason to lie, not everyone has enough food to make it through the next winter.  Read here link  And yes, Alaska is a vast place, but one would expect a governor to make a little effort when there's devastating flooding.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »

The villager has no reason to lie, not everyone has enough food to make it through the next winter.  Read here link  And yes, Alaska is a vast place, but one would expect a governor to make a little effort when there's devastating flooding.

not having a reason to lie doesn't prove that he was telling the truth.  and in the worst case scenario, she simply mixed up who said that 50% of the villagers were ok. 

the larger question is how many villagers are there?  if the answer is 50, then this is just a stupid issue. 

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »

not having a reason to lie doesn't prove that he was telling the truth.  and in the worst case scenario, she simply mixed up who said that 50% of the villagers were ok. 

the larger question is how many villagers are there?  if the answer is 50, then this is just a stupid issue. 

Emmonak, Alaska, according to Wiki had 767 at 2000.  Here's a cursory overview of what's been going on there, it's more than one village that's involved. link  I've personally donated a little money to a group in Alaska that takes supplies up to Emmonak (it's not a lot, but $20 can buy something).

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

the fact that the media had to go to the bearing sea to find something to use against Sarah Palin is actually quite revealing.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

the fact that the media had to go to the bearing sea to find something to use against Sarah Palin is actually quite revealing.

No, you should read the freaking link I just posted.  Nick Tucker is the one that started writing letters, he lives there, to get help because people didn't have food or fuel. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 08:58:43 PM »

No, you should read the freaking link I just posted.  Nick Tucker is the one that started writing letters, he lives there, to get help because people didn't have food or fuel. 

I read it.  I see no reason to turn it into some sort of national referendum on sarah palin's leadership.  bad things happen in remote areas, and the best government in the world can't keep bad things from happening to good people.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »

LOL!  people are losing their minds.  theories as to why she is stepping down:

1) She's running for president; 2) She's undergoing fame withdrawal and plans to get more attention in the lower 48; 3) She wants to cash in ($); 4) There's another shoe about to drop; 5) She'll now run against Murkowski for Senate. 6) She needs to tend to her family. 7) She's bonkers. Cool She's preggers. 9) She wants to "effect positive change outside government at this point in time on another scale and actually make a difference for our priorities." 10) Actually being a governor in a recession is no fun. Gives you ulcers. ...

link

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »

LOL!  people are losing their minds.  theories as to why she is stepping down:

Well, I think quitting office like this ruins any chance she has for president, "well my opponent here quit half way through her only term as governor, do we want a quitter in such and such office?"  Murkowski is hugely popular, Palin could never beat her in a primary race. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 09:21:27 PM »

Well, I think quitting office like this ruins any chance she has for president, "well my opponent here quit half way through her only term as governor, do we want a quitter in such and such office?"  Murkowski is hugely popular, Palin could never beat her in a primary race. 

murkowski got where she was because she was frank murkowski's daughter.  her ACU rating is only about 75.  and she is no more "popular" than Sarah.

sarah ran against an incumbent republican when she was elected governor.  don't count her out.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email