[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 06:04:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House remodeling  (Read 1169 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: January 30, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »

Okay, I'm just gonna say it, remodeling sucks.  Big time.  Well, at least for me. 

If you don't know, I work full time and I go to school full time (yea!), so on the weekends I really like to sleep or do homework, but mostly sleep. 

I bought this house three and a half years ago and have great visions in my head. Great ones!  Last spring I started getting stuff done, painting my front hall.  My front hall is huge (half the size of what once was a one car garage).  Okay, so paint went up, light fixture is up, and I just need to do the trim and get the bookcases.

So, since I'm not living a high life, I just slowly buy things for my house, for whenever I get to that part.  For instance, I own the paint for my study.  That's right a nice gallon of beautiful avocado paint.  I have a light fixture for my dining area, a table for the front hall, etc. 

And oh, I'm doing this by myself, so when I do need help (the trim in the hallway) it takes a couple of months to get my dad to etch out time away from his girlfriend to come over and help me. 

I have decided on an awesome light fixture I want for my bedroom:

So pretty.

And whatever you do, do not listen to anything Squeezer says about my house.  My house is awesome, even in it's cluttered state.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »

Photos?
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »

Photos?

I actually don't have any photos, I'll try and take some at some point this week. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »

I actually don't have any photos, I'll try and take some at some point this week. 
Look forward to them. With your busy schedule.....swell!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email