[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 12:50:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George Tiller shot to death at Wichita church  (Read 2220 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: May 31, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »

George Tiller shot to death at Wichita church

WICHITA - George Tiller, the Wichita doctor who became a national lightning rod in the debate over abortion, was shot to death this morning as he walked into church services.

Tiller, 67, was shot just after 10 a.m. at Reformation Lutheran Church at 7601 E. 13th, where he was a member of the congregation. Witnesses and a police source confirmed Tiller was the victim.

No information has been released about whether a suspect is in custody.

Homicide detectives and Sedgwick County District Attorney Nola Foulston have arrived at the church.

Members of the congregation who were inside the sanctuary at the time of the shooting were being kept inside the church by police, and those arriving were being ushered into the parking lot. Witnesses are being transported downtown for interviews and other members of the congregation are slowly being released from inside the sanctuary.

Tiller has long been a focal point of protest by abortion opponents because his clinic, Women's Health Care Services at 5701 E. Kellogg, is one of the few in the country where late-term abortions are performed.

-snip-

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
DarkHalo

Don't believe what you hear about me.

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 04:32:43 AM »

I generally stay far far away from the abortion issue. As a man I think the times I should have any real input in the matter is strictly limited. But thats where the problem lies. Some people want to keep men from having any input yet at the same time they want them to be held totally responsible. I dont see how it can be both ways. It goes back to the whole thing about personal responsibility being tied to ones actions. In other words if you get to make the decision as to outcome you should be responsible for the actions that led up to it in the first place. But thats just my lame opinion.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »

I generally stay far far away from the abortion issue. As a man I think the times I should have any real input in the matter is strictly limited. But thats where the problem lies. Some people want to keep men from having any input yet at the same time they want them to be held totally responsible. I dont see how it can be both ways. It goes back to the whole thing about personal responsibility being tied to ones actions. In other words if you get to make the decision as to outcome you should be responsible for the actions that led up to it in the first place. But thats just my lame opinion.

Yes, I've seen that thinking and I don't agree with it.  Yes, there are times when the father shouldn't be consulted, such as rape and incest, but to say that the man has no right to even voice his opinion is wrong. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

Yes, I've seen that thinking and I don't agree with it.  Yes, there are times when the father shouldn't be consulted, such as rape and incest, but to say that the man has no right to even voice his opinion is wrong. 

it annoys me to no end to see the notion of "rights" (as in constitutional rights) drug into a discussion of abortion.  maybe we should federalize the father's "rights", too.  and while we're at it, let's get the various associated grandparents. 

abortion has no business being addressed on the federal level.  it oughta be kicked back to the states.  if it belongs anywhere, it belongs there.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email