[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 06:30:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republicans Are Clueless and Divided on Healthcare  (Read 3137 times)
jafo2010

« on: March 07, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »

That's right, as the subject reads, they are clueless and divided.  There are many reasons, but first and foremost, most of both houses of Congress have sold their souls to the insurance companies, and with that said, what will be done will be done for the benefit of the insurance companies, and NOT the American people.

Trump is trusting Congress, and that is a HUUUUGE mistake.  He should be providing leadership on this issue, and he is allowing them to lead the way, and already, they have three different directions they want to head in, not including the Democommie current program in place.  This spells disaster.

In the end, the American people will be screwed.  What Republicans come up with will be equally disasterous to Obamacare.  And Trump, who brands everything with his name should be savvy enough to know not to name it after him or allow that to happen.  They should brand it with a unique name not tied to the name of Trump.  Just my opinion.

I have spent a large part of my life in healthcare, and I believe the American people have been abused, fooled, and misled enough, and at great cost.  The federal government funds 28 different and unique healthcare programs, i.e Medicare, Medicaid, CHAMPUS, the VA, and on and on.  Each has a separate hierarchy, with expensive systems that cost billions of dollars, and separate bureaucrats that make HUUUGE compensation to sit there all day long writing new rules that only add additional cost.  And the American taxpayer foots the bill over and over again.  A true idiocracy!

It is time we have one system for everyone.  A base system funded by the government, but limited much like Medicare.  This system would primarily focus on preventive medicine.  And it would have limits!  When we had corporate healthcare in the past, we had limits of $1 or $2 million for a lifetime.  Why should the government pay an unlimited amount for an individual?  Makes no sense.  I know one person that had five liver transplants, each one cost over $1 million, one of the procedures cost over $2 million because of complications, and the person lived 7 years from the date of the first transplant and then died.  That is over $6 million to extend the life of one person for 7 years.  This is NOT smart.

Provide fundamental preventive healthcare, at a restricted cost, and allow individuals to purchase supplemental health coverage from insurance companies where it is a competitive market.  It is NOT presently competitive, and wasn't really competitive prior to Obamacare either.

Insurance companies should not have a seat at the table, nor academia either, for they have their loyalties as well.

In the 1930s, FDR signed into legislation the law that enabled the creation of Blue Cross Blue Shield, which was intended to provide quality care without a profit angle.  Through the years, greedy executives have b*st*rdized the whole thing, and while the non profit status still exists, they operate as a fully profit oriented company, with the executives getting exorbitant compensation just like profit companies.  The concept was excellent when it was founded and has been destroyed by greed through the years.

We can have quality, timely healthcare, that is affordable and at a greatly reduced cost, but not with the power players involved presently sitting around the table.  Once again, the American people are being bent over.  The Republicans will not deliver, and Donald Trump with his promises will fail.  He will NOT deliver what he said he would, and certainly not this lobbyist controlled Congress.

THE SWAMP IS NOT BEING DRAINED ON THIS ISSUE, NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST!!!!!!

The laugh of the day, week, month is that Rep Nancy Pelosi wants to know the details of any new legislation, but was not the slightest interested when she pushed and passed the single worst piece of legislation in our history, i.e ACA.  What a hoot this dingbat is!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:34:43 PM by jafo2010 » Logged
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan was just on Tucker Carlson, following a clip of one elected Republican official after another decrying the legislation coming to replace Obamacare, and he continues to insist they remain on track.  I say b*llsh*t!

Trump better get out of the rumple seat and begin leading this splintered party.  Leaving it to the devices of Paul Ryan is a HUUUUGE mistake!  As I have stated all along, Ryan will prove to be Trump's single greatest adversary.

Ryan claims they are on track with their 200 day plan, but after 47 days into this administration and new Congress, we have seen nothing but executive orders.  Nothing of consequence, and numerous Republicans saying they do not like what they see regarding the replacement of Obamacare.  To use an old line, "where's the beef?"  I just do not see it.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:16:11 PM »

MAKE EACH MEMBER OF CONGRESS, THE WHOLE FED GOV HAVE THIS RYNOCARE!!! SCOTUS TOO, ROBERTS GETS IT FIRST! UNIONS TOO.
PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:25:21 PM »

The GOP could f*ck up hara kiri with a chain saw.

You can get more with a smile, a handshake and a gun than you can with a smile and a handshake - Al Capone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email