[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 02:42:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reid threatens to cancel October break  (Read 997 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: September 15, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »

maybe he is canceling the break because the "pro-reform" senators (and that is the politest term that I can think of) all got their guts stomped out during the last break.  breaks are hazardous to one's chances for reelection, it would seem.

I would hazard to guess that the only place that a lot of dem senators are safe is washington.  just as far away from the people that voted them into office as they can get.

Reid threatens to cancel October break

Congress has only been back in session for a week, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is already warning he may cancel the next break because of a lack of GOP cooperation.

Reid (D-Nev.) has warned Republicans that they need to pick up the legislative pace or he will cancel the weeklong Columbus Day recess next month.

Reid told Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that the Senate will stay in session straight through October if Republicans slow the floor debate on appropriations bills and other issues.

“We have a lot to do,” Reid told colleagues on the Senate floor Tuesday morning. “I went over that in some detail with the Republican leader. We have now scheduled a work period at home on the Columbus Day weekend — the Columbus Day week.

“We have many times in the past taken that because there’s so much work to do at home, but we can’t do that unless we complete our work here. I’ve explained that to the Republican leader.”

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email