[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 04:15:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Key Adviser losing patience with Obama  (Read 1019 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: September 08, 2009, 01:27:43 PM »

I don't know how indicative this guy is of progressives in general, but this can't be good.  I doubt that progressives would actually fight the president should his health care reform not contain a public (government) option, but I am sure that they would find a way to make their displeasure well known. 

it will be interesting to see what fate holds for mr. snitty complainer.  I am thinking I see the unemployment line in his future.

and all of his blathering on about how he voted for change like the rest of the country, & etc., etc., has all of the symptoms of someone with PMS (Post Messiah-disillusionment Syndrome) Grin

Adviser losing patience with Obama

One of President Barack Obama’s former top campaign advisers is “losing patience” with the White House, he told POLITICO Tuesday morning, as frustrations among the president’s liberal allies crest over issues from health care legislation to gay rights.

“I am one of the millions of frustrated Americans who want to see Washington do more than it's doing right now,” said Steve Hildebrand, the deputy campaign manager who oversaw the Obama campaign’s field organization and was an architect of his early, crucial victories over Sen. Hillary Clinton in Iowa and South Carolina.

Obama, he said, “needs to be more bold in his leadership.”

“I’m not going to just sit by the curb and let these folks get away with a lack of performance for the American people,” he said, speaking of Washington’s Democratic leadership as a whole. “I want change just as much as a majority of Americans do, and I’m one of the many Americans who are losing patience.”

Hildebrand is by far the most senior member of Obama’s political team to express public doubts about the White House, though he had already begun to part ways with Obama’s other top aides as the 2008 presidential campaign wore on.

Hildebrand was a key player in the primary campaign but, other aides say, grew increasingly alienated from the organization as Obama – as he saw it – chose to compromise on some civil rights issues. Other top campaign officials grew frustrated with what they saw as Hildebrand’s at times negative attitude and his candid comments to the press, rare in the intensely disciplined campaign.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »

queerty ( Shocked Grin) gets it's panties in a wad about the hildebrand thing.  at the rudder of this wreck, once again, is the frequently erratic and always dismissive robert gibbs.

The White House Doesn't Care How Much Steve Hildebrand Complains About Obama

Responding to Hildebrand’s criticism, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said it’s true that Hildebrand had raised the same frustrations to him and others inside the White House. But he stopped short of directly addressing the his criticism that Obama hasn’t been bold enough.

“We all know and love Steve Hildebrand,” said Gibbs, who noted Hildebrand was involved in then-Sen. Obama’s decision whether to run for president. “There’s nothing in there we haven’t all heard from him. But, look, I think Steve's frustration is the frustration of people not only in this town but a lot of people outside of this town — and that is Washington's inability to address big problems and get something done.”

Asked to address Hildebrand’s comments that the president hasn’t been forceful enough, Gibbs said, “Well, I'll e-mail Steve and tell him what which affiliate in Sioux Falls will be covering the [health-care] speech so he can listen to the president.”

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email