[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 09:22:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SC Lt. Gov asks embattled Sanford to resign  (Read 1251 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: August 26, 2009, 03:55:11 PM »

a little south carolina dirty laundry for y'all:  Bauer is such a whack job that the fact that he would become governor is probably the only thing keeping sanford in office.

we'll take the creepy little adulterer that can't shut up about his girlfriend over that guy any day of the week.  that really oughta tell you everything that you need to know.

SC lt. gov asks embattled Sanford to resign

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina's lieutenant governor called on Gov. Mark Sanford to resign Wednesday, promising to put aside his own political ambitions if that convinces fellow Republicans wary of elevating him to urge Sanford to step down.

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer is now the most prominent state Republican pressing for Sanford's resignation two months after the governor came under fire for sneaking away to a secret rendezvous with his Argentine mistress.

"It is my opinion the best interest of the people of South Carolina can no longer be served by the current administration," Bauer said. "The serious misconduct that has been revealed along with lingering questions and continuing distractions make it virtually impossible for our state to solve the critical problems we're facing without a change in leadership."

Sanford has said before he has no plans to resign, but his spokesman did not return several calls and e-mails Wednesday.

Bauer said he tried to give his fellow Republican the benefit of the doubt after he admitted his affair with the Argentine woman, but the state has been paralyzed by questions raised afterward about the legality of Sanford's official travel. Bauer said he worries calls for Sanford's impeachment will dominate next year's legislative session instead of issues like the economy and job creation.

More
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:02:04 PM by Wretched Excess » Logged
Wretched Excess

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:45:36 AM »

no, some elected official are preventing a change in leadership because they think you are a bigger disaster than argentina boy.

Sanford rejects lieutenant governor's call for his resignation
The besieged South Carolina governor says his understudy's move is 'pure politics, plain and simple.'

Reporting from Knoxville, Tenn. - South Carolina's lieutenant governor on Wednesday called for the resignation of Gov. Mark Sanford, citing "serious misconduct" and "serious distractions" that have stemmed from Sanford's extramarital tryst with an Argentine woman.

But Sanford declined to step down, calling his understudy's move "pure politics, plain and simple."

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, who, like Sanford, is a Republican, said that he was in fact trying to depoliticize the deliberations over the fate of Sanford, who is facing potential impeachment.

Bauer is one of a handful of Republicans expected to run for governor in the coming months; he could ostensibly gain an advantage if he were to fill in the remainder of Sanford's term, although he said Wednesday that he would not seek his party's nomination for governor in 2010 if Sanford resigns.

Bauer, in a lunch-hour news conference in Columbia, the capital, seemed to insinuate that lawmakers allied with other gubernatorial candidates were not moving aggressively to remove Sanford from office because they feared that Bauer would then be able to run as an incumbent.

"Some elected officials who know the state would be better served by a change in leadership are nonetheless working to prevent a change due to their own political interests . . . " Bauer said. "I want to eliminate that dilemma for them by sacrificing my own political aspirations and putting the best interests of the people of South Carolina first."

More
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »

It's been awhile since I've heard of any news about Gov. Sanford.  Had things been settling down in SC until now over him?  I mean, I haven't heard any rambling press conferences/interviews where he expresses his love for his mistress and wife at the same time in a few weeks.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email