[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 02:31:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pelosi: No Health Care Bill Without Public Option  (Read 1250 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: August 21, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »

she is drunk or on drugs.  or she is hoplessly detached from reality.  or perhaps all three.

she broke the arms of moderate dems for the cap and trade debacle.  there is no good will left in her caucus.  and I am sure that at least some of the democrat representatives that aren't true believers or fellow travelers are going to come back from the august recess very spooked about health care.

but if you can convince yourself that any opposition to your cherished beliefs is either artificial, evil, or inspired by nazis, I guess you are capable of convincing yourself of anything.

Pelosi: No Health Care Bill Without Public Option
Much of the attention in the health care debate of late has focused on the Senate, where the public option and other proposals face a tough fight. There has been lots of talk this week about a bipartisan bill being worked on by members of the Senate Finance Committee, and yesterday the big news was Senate Democrats considering splitting the overhaul into two bills.

But House Speaker Nancy Pelosi reminded everyone yesterday why it's important to still be watching what the House will do as well, especially if the Senate passes a version of the health care bill that does not include the public option or other provisions supported by liberal members of Congress.

In a news conference in San Francisco, Bloomberg reports, Pelosi made clear that a health care bill in the chamber must include a government-sponsored health insurance plan to compete with private insurers.

"There's no way I can pass a bill in the House of Representatives without a public option," she said.

As debate raged this week over whether the administration had abandoned the public option, which President Obama denied yesterday, liberal members of Congress have been clear that they will draw a line in the sand over its inclusion in a final bill.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Wretched Excess

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »

her #2 in the house just contradicted her.  hmmm.  did it occurr to anyone that one of the reasons that the public is so opposed to obamacare is that no one seems to know what the hell they are talking about?   the president says different things on different days, the sec'y of HHS floats trial baloons, and she is shot down by some anonymous members of the adminstration, yet supported by others . . . .

there is not only no agreement in congress, there doesn't seem to be a consensus among congressional democrats, or even within the admnistration itself.   

Hoyer: Public option may have to go

A day after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that health reform won’t get through the House without a public option, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Friday that the public option may have to go in order to get a bill passed.

“I’m for a public option but I’m also for passing a bill,” Hoyer told reporters on a conference call. “We believe the public option is a necessary useful and very important aspect of this, but we’ll have to see because there are many other important aspects of the bill as well.”

In San Francisco Thursday, Pelosi said: "There's no way I can pass a bill in the House of Representatives without a public option.”

The seemingly contradictory comments highlight the pressure on some Democratic members, particularly those from conservative districts. Members have faced rowdy crowds in town hall meetings across the country over the August recess.

Hoyer said that the meetings have “had a positive effect.” The Maryland Democrat came under fire earlier this month after authoring an op-ed calling the town halls "un-American” and criticizing an “ugly campaign” by conservatives to disrupt the events.

On Friday, he voiced a slightly different opinion.

“There are some people who are angry, yes, but basically these are productive meetings that do what a democracy is designed to do.”

More
DarkHalo

Don't believe what you hear about me.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »

Its well known that theres no love lost between Pelosi and Hoyer. She barely beat him out for the Speakers position and his guarantee of the majority leaders position was the only way to prevent outright war between them. Pelosi was pushing hard for her boy Murtha to have the slot that Steny Hoyer ultimately got.

We have to remember that Pelosi is from the SF Bay area and their contact with reality and the real America is fleeting at best. And in the current case of a govt ran health care option she is still somewhere back in the drug infested days of her no doubt free love youth in SF. Most likely Hoyer wants the takeover of health care as much as Pelosi but he is more of a realist as compared to her arrogant and starry eyed liberal do-gooder mentality.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »

she has already got to be desperately unpopular with the moderates in her caucus.  she ripped people's arms off to get their vote for cap and trade, and what did they get for their trouble?  she took all the credit for passage of C&T, crammed health care down their throats, and enraged all of their constituents.

and now they are taking fire from the left win of their own party.   I'm not sure I have seen an entire political party commit suicide this quickly or thoroughly after a huge national win. 

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email