[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 24, 2024, 06:24:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Needs to Take Leadership Role  (Read 927 times)
jafo2010

« on: March 24, 2017, 03:25:12 PM »

Donald Trump is the new guy, new to everything but one thing....that's right, LEADERSHIP!  Congress has floundered with the last two presidents, and much worse when I thought not possible after Bush with Obama.  Obama was unable to work with Congress, and thus spent much of his time playing golf and taking vacations.

Trump needs to stand up and lead the GOP.  He will suffer plenty of antagonism from all sides, but trusting the likes of Rep Paul Ryan and Sen McConnell is suicide.  These men have a proven history of being feckless.  They are good at that, but in getting things accomplished, not so much.

PLEASE STAND UP PRESIDENT TRUMP AND LEAD YOUR ADOPTED PARTY. 
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »

BTW, despite media's negative slant on the failure of the GOP healthcare plan, I think it is good for the Trump presidency.  It has been presented as Obamacare Light, and we need that like more holes in our head.

Our leaders are turning to the wrong centers of influence for direction on what to do with healthcare.  If we want more of the same, then continue as we have.  If we want a viable healthcare system that greatly reduces cost, yet improves quality of care, then we need the following:

1.  Disengage all the normal suspects, i.e. academics who have provided past direction, the insurance companies, bureaucrats in
     the government that have mastered piled high and deeper

2.  Utilize resources that have a well established background of reducing cost in healthcare, improving the process, greatly
     increasing systems efficiency, and standardize all data.

3.  Consolidation in programs - the federal government funds 28 different government healthcare programs(i.e. Medicare,
     Medicaid, CHAMPUS, CHIPS, etc) each with billions of dollars  being squandered just for the hierarchy, on separate
     systems, on facilities, on separate contractors, all of which cost hundreds of billions of dollars before the first claim is paid.
     Makes no sense.

4.  Set financial limits on government liability for coverage.  End the notion that there is no dollar limit for taxpayers' dollars
     being used for one patient.  Any other way is lunacy.  The dollars are finite, and programs require policies that match that
     circumstance.

5.  End unlimited lawsuits in healthcare.

6.  Reward anyone notifying the government of fraud and abuse, and establish mandatory sentences, lengthy sentences for
     those violating the law.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:34:54 PM by jafo2010 » Logged
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »

BTW, despite media's negative slant on the failure of the GOP healthcare plan, I think it is good for the Trump presidency.  It has been presented as Obamacare Light, and we need that like more holes in our head.

Our leaders are turning to the wrong centers of influence for direction on what to do with healthcare.  If we want more of the same, then continue as we have.  If we want a viable healthcare system that greatly reduces cost, yet improves quality of care, then we need the following:

1.  Disengage all the normal suspects, i.e. academics who have provided past direction, the insurance companies, bureaucrats in
     the government that have mastered piled high and deeper

2.  Utilize resources that have a well established background of reducing cost in healthcare, improving the process, greatly
     increasing systems efficiency, and standardize all data.

3.  Consolidation in programs - the federal government funds 28 different government healthcare programs(i.e. Medicare,
     Medicaid, CHAMPUS, CHIPS, etc) each with billions of dollars  being squandered just for the hierarchy, on separate
     systems, on facilities, on separate contractors, all of which cost hundreds of billions of dollars before the first claim is paid.
     Makes no sense.

4.  Set financial limits on government liability for coverage.  End the notion that there is no dollar limit for taxpayers' dollars
     being used for one patient.  Any other way is lunacy.  The dollars are finite, and programs require policies that match that
     circumstance.

5.  End unlimited lawsuits in healthcare.

6.  Reward anyone notifying the government of fraud and abuse, and establish mandatory sentences, lengthy sentences for
     those violating the law.

Great ideas jafo! I really like #5.  End unlimited lawsuits in healthcare. #6 too. wait...they are all great ideas!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:47:28 PM by apples » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email