[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 25, 2024, 09:19:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O'Reilly Is Right! George Will Is a Hack!  (Read 2550 times)
jafo2010

« on: June 28, 2016, 12:59:27 AM »

George Will has decided he will change his registration because Donald Trump WON the nomination for the GOP candidate.  I have but one comments........

WHO GIVES A SH*T ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK?  NO ONE!

There was a time, back when I was a child, and I am in my 60s, when I enjoyed hearing George Will, but he has become irrelevant.   

Bill O'Reilly in a very heated discussion on the part of O'Reilly called Will a hack, and he was right!  Time for him to retire and do a MacArthur...just fade away!
Stan In FL

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »

BOR is an insufferable, self obsessed windbag.  his show is unwatchable.  and his semi-literate book on reagan, which was the subject of the confrontation, is a ****ing hit piece .

if you're looking to learn us history from his ridiculous books, or his even more ridiculous shows, then you're beyond help.  there are plenty of reasons to disagree with will about leaving the gop, but anything that sh*t-for-brains BOR has to say on the matter isn't one of them.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »

They both are.
Stan In FL

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »

blah.  only one of them was screaming like a two year old girl that had just wet her dress in that interview, and it wasn't george will.
jafo2010

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:49:27 AM »

That's true enough.  O'Reilly was livid.  But what is to be gained by the course George Will is taking?  Nothing!  To oppose Trump is to support Clinton.  And his support of Clinton proves what?

I have thought for many years that Will has gone to the dark side.  He is no longer a conservative, with many of his opinions borderline liberal.  I used to like Will, but it is so many years ago, that I no longer view him even remotely a conservative.  And BOR has been spinning like a top for many years.

He insists on having Kirsten Powers on his show, and if ever there was a total ditz, it is her.  She admitted on his show she has never in her life voted for a Republican.  So she pushes one button when she goes to vote.  Idiot!

And BOR's books are trash.  He portends to be a historian, and he is nothing remotely close to being a historian.  His book on the death of Kennedy is loaded with bullsh*t!  Anyone that believes LHO assassinated JFK is clueless.
Stan In FL

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »

you just had to add that last sentence, didn't you?
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »

George Will is a moderate commentator who happens to be 100% correct about Trump

안녕하십니까
jafo2010

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »

What's wrong STANLEY, truth too much for ye?!!

And Will is not 100% right about anything any longer.  I haven't heard him say much of anything right in the last 5-10 years.  In fact, he is boring and obtuse.

Trump has his problems, but you would rather have Hillary the Criminal?  I am tired of this nonsense.  The loyalty, the genuine loyalty to the GOP  candidate, or should I say the failure to support the GOP candidate is folly, pure and simple.  Electing Hillary Clinton with the mindset of going after her four years from now is about as stupid a mindset as I have ever witnessed in politics.
Paladin2016

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 01:34:53 AM »

An article from 1983 about George Will and his dubious Conservative credentials by the late Joseph Sobran, one of my favorite writers.

http://spectator.org/george-will-and-the-contemporary-political-conversation/

For his part, BOR can be a loud mouth bully whenever anyone disagrees with him.
jafo2010

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »

Reading Sobran's article in its entirety was truly an effort.  Clearly Sobran did not answer to an editor, for this windbag could have expressed his thoughts in about 3-4 paragraphs if he had an editor worth a damn.  Of course, we were more in the business of killing trees back when this was published.

Suffice to say, Will does not have a handle on what conservatism is or ever was.  His relevance today has been minimized to such an extent that any.of his pompous opinions are rendered meaningless.  It is time for him to retire and enjoy his favorite past-time, and take his grandchildren to the Smithsonian, etc.

I reiterate.  While I am no fan of Bill O'Reilly, O'Reilly was right about George Will.  Will is a hack!
Stan In FL

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 05:10:23 PM »

someone needs to do a little more research on joseph sobran.
Paladin2016

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »

someone needs to do a little more research on joseph sobran.

Ditto that, Stan
jafo2010

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 07:24:31 PM »

I know all I need to know...Windbag, if this article is any sign.
jafo2010

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 07:37:24 PM »

When I read this passage by Sobran, he lost further points with me.

I am not, heaven forbid, a "Holocaust denier." I lack the scholarly competence to be one. ... Why on earth is it 'anti-Jewish' to conclude from the evidence that the standard numbers of Jews murdered are inaccurate, or that the Hitler regime, bad as it was in many ways, was not, in fact, intent on racial extermination? Surely these are controversial conclusions; but if so, let the controversy rage.[11]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email