[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 25, 2024, 01:59:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan to Protest Afghan War at Martha's Vinyard.  (Read 1677 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: August 17, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

you go, girl. Grin

Cindy Sheehan heads to the Vineyard; wants anti-war demonstrators to emulate health-care protesters; will anyone cover the story?

This morning the anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan -- the woman who spent so much time leading well-publicized protests outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas -- announced that she will demonstrate next week at Martha's Vineyard, where President Obama will be vacationing.  "There are several things that we wish to accomplish with this protest on Martha's Vineyard," Sheehan said in a statement:

First of all, no good social or economic change will come about with the continuation or escalation of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. We simply can't afford to continue this tragically expensive foreign policy.

Secondly, we as a movement need to continue calling for an immediate end to the occupations even when there is a Democrat in the Oval Office. There is still no Noble Cause no matter how we examine the policies.

Thirdly, the body bags aren't taking a vacation and as the U.S.-led violence surges in Afghanistan and Pakistan, so are the needless deaths on every side.

And, finally, if the right-wing can force the government to drop any kind of public option or government supported health care, then we need to exert the same kind of pressure to force a speedy end to the occupations.

Will Sheehan's stay in Massachusetts attract as much attention as her time in Texas?  Probably not.  Even the left wing of the Democratic party seems unconcerned with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan these days, compared to their bitter opposition during Bush's time in office.  It seems unlikely that reporters who paid so much attention to one woman's crusade against the war will find much time on their newscasts or space in their paper to cover this one.

Link

Figured you meant protest not protect ~ Mia
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:05:23 PM by Miss Mia » Logged

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:06:43 PM »

I'm sure this will be as effective as her hunger strike was. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

I'm sure this will be as effective as her hunger strike was. 

I know.  it's rude to go on a hunger strike, and then not die of starvation.  I mean, how unreliable can you get?  Angry
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:46:13 AM »

I know.  it's rude to go on a hunger strike, and then not die of starvation.  I mean, how unreliable can you get?  Angry

It's rude to call "I'm only going to drink smoothies" a hunger strike.   Grin

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:53:48 PM »

Figured you meant protest not protect ~ Mia
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:05:23 PM by Miss Mia »

oops.  you guessed right, of course.  and I guess that looked dumb.  thanks.  Kiss

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

oops.  you guessed right, of course.  and I guess that looked dumb.  thanks.  Kiss

Nah, I just happened to see it.  Plus, I so rarely get to edit posts around here, so it was exciting there for that whole min.   Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email