[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 25, 2024, 03:39:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kay Bailey Hutchison kicks off run for Texas governor  (Read 2992 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: August 17, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »

TX may have high property tax rates, but they have no income tax;  gotta find the revenue for basic government functions someplace.  in florida, they tax the hell out of the tourists, but not every state has 2000 miles of coastline, and 1200 miles of beaches.

(insert Mia's condemnation of everything even tangentially associated with rick perry here ---> )

Grin

Kay Bailey Hutchison kicks off run for Texas governor

LaMARQUE, Texas – Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, kicking off a five-day Texas tour to formally announce her candidacy for governor, said today that incumbent Gov. Rick Perry has been in office too long and has subjected the state to mismanagement and petty politics.

Speaking at her old high school here, Hutchison said she would use conservative principles and sound fiscal management to lead the state through its future challenges.

“He’s a dedicated public servant,” she said of Perry. “I know he loves Texas. But now he’s trying to stay too long.”

Hutchison added that after 10 years of Perry, Texas had the highest property tax rates in the country, twice the state debt before Perry, skyrocketing college tuition and the most uninsured children in the nation.

“Ten years is enough,” she said. “We can do better.”

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »

Texas also has the highest home owners insurance prices in the country.  The highest energy cost.  One of the highest high school drop out rates and teenage pregnancy rates. (And the list goes on....)

Perry also loooooves toll roads, and specifically foreign owned toll roads.  **** Perry.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »

Texas also has the highest home owners insurance prices in the country.  The highest energy cost.  One of the highest high school drop out rates and teenage pregnancy rates. (And the list goes on....)

Perry also loooooves toll roads, and specifically foreign owned toll roads.  **** Perry.

there are about 47 other states that would sell their citizenry into slavery to be texas right now.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »

there are about 47 other states that would sell their citizenry into slavery to be texas right now.

So?  Does that mean I can't be upset with how my governor, Mr. Elected with 39% of the vote, runs things?  The only reason conservatives even really like him at all right now is because Perry went off on the whole 10th Amendment States Rights bs a few months ago.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 09:28:30 AM »

So?  Does that mean I can't be upset with how my governor, Mr. Elected with 39% of the vote, runs things?  The only reason conservatives even really like him at all right now is because Perry went off on the whole 10th Amendment States Rights bs a few months ago.

no, I think the right to get upset is still in the bill of rights.  but I would gladly trade you sanford for perry.  you in?  Grin
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »

Mia is going to have an aneurysm when she reads this one.  Grin  (he does sound like a richard-cranium in this story)

Perry says he has made Texas 'envy of the nation'

AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry is portraying U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison as out of step with Texas and too steeped in the ways of Washington.

Perry’s remarks come in his first public appearance since Hutchison formally announced her 2010 Republican primary bid to unseat him.

At a news conference Tuesday, Perry said policies he helped implement have made Texas the “envy of the nation.”

He delivered his remarks a day after Hutchison criticized him as trying to stay in office too long. Perry, who’s been in office since 2000, responded that after 16 years in Washington Hutchison “may not have a grasp” of what’s happening in Texas.

He said the race “is going to be Washington vs. Texas.” He added that “if Washington-style answers are the solution, my instinct is that Texans are going to say, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’”

More

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »

yikes.

check out the reader comments at the bottom of the story here and here.

texicans play rough. Cheesy

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

yikes.

check out the reader comments at the bottom of the story here and here.

texicans play rough. Cheesy

It's going to be a GOP bloodbath of a primary.  Expect more of this to come.  And his Texas style solutions aren't anything to write home about either.  Sure he sounded like Mr Tough and pro-states rights when declining that unemployment stimulus money, only to have to turn around and ask the federal government for a loan to keep unemployment afloat.  Douchebag. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 04:46:07 PM »

It's going to be a GOP bloodbath of a primary.  Expect more of this to come.  And his Texas style solutions aren't anything to write home about either.  Sure he sounded like Mr Tough and pro-states rights when declining that unemployment stimulus money, only to have to turn around and ask the federal government for a loan to keep unemployment afloat.  Douchebag. 

texas is in much, MUCH better shape than most of the rest of the country.  he must be doing something right.  wanna be NY or NJ? 

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »

texas is in much, MUCH better shape than most of the rest of the country.  he must be doing something right.  wanna be NY or NJ? 

The only requirement for the legislature in the Constitution is to come up with a balanced budget. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »

The only requirement for the legislature in the Constitution is to come up with a balanced budget. 

I was talking about the economy in general.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »

I was talking about the economy in general.

Ahh well sure, but I wouldn't put that all up with the governor.  And it depends on where, there are economically depressed areas of Texas.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »

Ahh well sure, but I wouldn't put that all up with the governor.  And it depends on where, there are economically depressed areas of Texas.

I'm guessing that this guy could pull you out of a burning building, and you would press charges against him for breaking your door down. Cool Grin

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 05:11:01 PM »

I'm guessing that this guy could pull you out of a burning building, and you would press charges against him for breaking your door down. Cool Grin

I doubt he would, it would ruin his hair.   Grin

Look the guy won the election with only 39% of the vote, I have yet to meet one person sing his praises.  I'd gladly vote for KBH over him any day.

Vonne

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 05:24:03 PM »

texas is in much, MUCH better shape than most of the rest of the country.  he must be doing something right.

Not necessarily related  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email