[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 02:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pelosi: Health-Care Bill To Come Tuesday Despite Concerns  (Read 2522 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: July 14, 2009, 10:47:20 AM »

this is going to be interesting.  at least people will be able to read this one before they are forced to vote on it.  is it insulting to a "blue dog" to be referred to as such by your majority leader?

the fact that the entire dem leadership keeps insisting that the public wants nationalized health care when the polls, common sense, and even the results of the last election all scream otherwise is a great example of the gigantic disconnect that exists between "inside the beltway", and "flyover country".

Pelosi: Health-Care Bill To Come Tuesday Despite Concerns

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said that House Democrats will issue health-care legislation Tuesday, despite concerns from moderates about a draft version of the bill.

"It is our plan to introduce our legislation tomorrow," Pelosi said.

Pelosi added, however, that the bill can still be changed when it is considered before three committees: the House Ways and Means, Energy and Commerce, and Education and Labor Committees.

"It won't be a finished product," Pelosi said of the bill to be released Tuesday.

Pelosi largely dismissed concerns that the legislation is losing the support of members of the Blue Dog Coalition, a group of fiscally conservative House Democrats. She said she had met several House members with concerns on health-care issues over the last day and remained confident.

"We've made a great deal of progress," Pelosi said. "I think we're on schedule, and the conversations have been very productive."

Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., echoed Pelosi's remarks, saying that "to a person, the Blue Dogs believe we need to pass and then want to support health care reform."

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »

this is going to be interesting.  at least people will be able to read this one before they are forced to vote on it.  is it insulting to a "blue dog" to be referred to as such by your majority leader?

the fact that the entire dem leadership keeps insisting that the public wants nationalized health care when the polls, common sense, and even the results of the last election all scream otherwise is a great example of the gigantic disconnect that exists between "inside the beltway", and "flyover country".

No, there's a Blue Dog Coalition and they're the more conservative democrats. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »

No, there's a Blue Dog Coalition and they're the more conservative democrats. 

I know who they are, and what they are.  my question was whether it was the most prudent thing in the world for the house majority leader to be tossing the phrase around like that.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

I know who they are, and what they are.  my question was whether it was the most prudent thing in the world for the house majority leader to be tossing the phrase around like that.

Pelosi isn't known for doing the most prudent thing, but in this case I'm gonna have to say that referring to the conservative democrats as "blue dogs" isn't derogatory. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

Pelosi isn't known for doing the most prudent thing, but in this case I'm gonna have to say that referring to the conservative democrats as "blue dogs" isn't derogatory. 

I don't mean derogatory as in a racial epithet (of course), or anything along those lines.  it's just seems as though it would knowingly and intentionally draw lines all through their caucus.  it's just seems as though that would play poorly as far as PR, teamwork, the inclination to compromise, & etc., &etc.   and also, if you aren't a blue dog, but you speak for the blue dogs, I would think that there is a chance that you are going to get bit (just to pursue the metaphor).

not to mention the fact that I am sure the bluedogs are still growling about having cap and trade shoved down their throats.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »

it still won't pay for their bill . .. .

House bill to hit millionaires with 5.4 pct surtax
WASHINGTON, July 14 (Reuters) - A sweeping overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system to be announced on Tuesday in the U.S. House of Representatives will include a surtax on millionaires of 5.4 percent, congressional sources said.

The tax rate is higher than the 3 percent surtax lawmakers had been discussing earlier and would be imposed on those making more than $1 million a year, the sources said.

link
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email