[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 04, 2024, 03:14:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Slight majority favor cap-and-trade  (Read 1305 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: December 11, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »

horsecrap.  the questions must have been of the variety of, "do you want to die in an SUV induced fireball?"  I haven't looked at the internals yet, but there is no way this is a straight up poll. 

or perhaps the MSM suppression of the climategate emails is actually having an effect . . .

Poll: Slight majority favor cap-and-trade

A slight majority of Americans support cap-and-trade legislation to address climate change, a new poll by Ipsos Public Affairs found .

Fifty-two percent of Americans said they support the proposed system to limit emissions, while 41 percent are opposed, according to an Ipsos Public Affairs poll released Friday morning. Seven percent were unsure of their thoughts on the bill.

The poll lends a bit of a boost to the controversial environmental legislation in the U.S. before a global climate change summit kicks in to full effect in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Republicans have derided the legislation, which passed the House in a razor-thin vote this summer but has been struggling to progress in the Senate, as a de facto tax on Americans.

And the poll makes clear: There is a limit to how much Americans are willing to pay to put in place the cap-and-trade system.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 01:19:05 PM »

cap and trade may become academic after the EPA declared carbon dioxide dangerous to human health and therefore subject to regulation.  so now the formerly insignificant EPA will regulate the energy industry based primarily upon what is best for the EPA.  And by that I mean what is best for it as a federal agency in terms of it's budget, influence, and sheer authority.  and if that doesn't rattle you, then you have never met an angry little liberal bureaucrat before.

this has been discussed a but in the forums here.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »

Just a friendly reminder that our foolish leader did make campaign promises not to tax the middle class.  This tax will hit every household for a projected $3,000 on average.  This obamanation (newly accepted spelling for the word abomination) actually believes he can tax the rich, or so he led enough to believe to get elected, and now comes the nightmare....an endless list of new taxes and increases in taxes, and all for your benefit. 

JAFO2010  I AM A "NO TERMER' AND PROUD OF IT!  JOIN ME!
Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:32:29 PM »

I initially thought that cap-and-trade was the way the dems planned on paying for health care, but now I'm not sure they are smart enough to put the two issues together.  waxman and markey are probably the MOST extremist liberals in the entire congress, so perhaps they were just trying to outlaw fossil fuels and engines that burn them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email