[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 26, 2024, 12:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new batting helmets vs. the old  (Read 11624 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: July 26, 2009, 01:16:34 AM »

I think that the batters that wear the old helmets are hitting better

Wretched Excess

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:54:14 AM »

ok, so maybe everyone isn't psychic.  Grin perhaps a visual aid is in order. Wink

the traditional batting helmet:

the relatively new batting helmet:
Vonne

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »

That's akin to heresy!  It not longer looks like the helmet I wore, while playing t-ball!  How will I ever relate to the game again?   Shocked  Grin

I actually had no idea they changed helmets.  Speaking of which, I haven't been to a baseball game this year.  That needs to change soon!
Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:14:56 PM »

That's akin to heresy!  It not longer looks like the helmet I wore, while playing t-ball!  How will I ever relate to the game again?   Shocked  Grin

I actually had no idea they changed helmets.  Speaking of which, I haven't been to a baseball game this year.  That needs to change soon!

the vented version of the helmet is truly annoying.  and you need to go instantly to the nearest minor or major league ballpark, drink a beer (or so), and take in a ballgame.  I mean, otherwise, what's the point of having eyes?
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »

Me either, but I at least drive by the Ballpark a lot.   Cheesy

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:53:10 AM »

looks like there is a New new batting helmet:

The Rawlings S100 Helmet offers thicker protection that its makers say will withstand a pitch thrown up to 100 miles per hour.
Minor League Baseball and St. Louis-based Rawlings announced Monday that the S100 will be required in the minors beginning next season. Six S100 helmets are being sent to each major league team for its players to try out for the rest of this year.

Wright is one of those six -- if the helmet arrives in time for the Mets' game against Colorado at Coors Field.

"I imagine they got some pretty smart people that designed them so I'm sure it works pretty good," the Mets' All-Star third baseman said. "If it provides more safety, then I'm all for it."

The helmet has drawn some barbs. Chicago Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster wore it and said it felt like "my own bobblehead day."

The thicker protection features a composite insert and an expanded liner made of Polypropylene, a hard, supportive material also used in some industrial and bicycle helmets. It faced extensive testing over the last two years that included an air cannon firing major league balls to ensure it would hold up.

link
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email