[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 11:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woohoo, the week is almost over!  (Read 13130 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »

I'm looking at the website and I can't believe how many museums make up the Smithsonian. Thinking I'm going to do the Air and Space Museum and the American History Museum for sure, and maybe the National Portrait Gallery.

air and space and american history are the biggies, for sure.  if you don't get anywhere else, get there.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »

Oh yeah the Air & Space museum was awesome!  What's funny is I was doing my touristy stuff with a guy that's an ER doctor.  The weekend overall was heavy on the doctor ratio.  So we walk a bit into the Air & Space and the IMAX theater is sponsored by the company I work for.  He was like "ahh, look at that, now don't you feel at home?"  lol

That's funny. It looks like you had a great time, too...  Cool

I'm sure my new camera will be getting a workout the next few days.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »

I genuinely enjoyed the portrait gallery.  but you really have to be a history nut to really enjoy it.  just my opinion.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 10:46:55 PM »

That's funny. It looks like you had a great time, too...  Cool

I'm sure my new camera will be getting a workout the next few days.

And don't be fooled.  The walk from Washington to WWII to Vietnam to Lincoln is a lot farther than it looks!

On the First Lady's dresses, I like Nancy Reagan's but was surprised it wasn't red.  And she was/is soooo tiny.  Barbara Bush's dress next to it just looked awful. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »

And don't be fooled.  The walk from Washington to WWII to Vietnam to Lincoln is a lot farther than it looks!

On the First Lady's dresses, I like Nancy Reagan's but was surprised it wasn't red.  And she was/is soooo tiny.  Barbara Bush's dress next to it just looked awful. 

don't be fooled by how close things look when you are on the mall.  they aren't close.  they're just HUGE.

it LOOKS like the lincoln memorial is across the street, but it's not.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

I genuinely enjoyed the portrait gallery.  but you really have to be a history nut to really enjoy it.  just my opinion.

I'm beyond a history nut. I'm a history geek...

Really, I'm looking for a few portraits. Teddy Roosevelt. Alexander Hamilton. George Washington. Andrew Mellon. People like that.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »

don't be fooled by how close things look when you are on the mall.  they aren't close.  they're just HUGE.

it LOOKS like the lincoln memorial is across the street, but it's not.

No sh*t, it's ****ing far.  Especially since it was at the end of the day when we got to Lincoln, we started at the National Archives that day.

Oh Mike!  You have to go to the National Archives and see the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.  The only thing that bothered me there were the people right in front of me.  It was like they were reading the damn things.  Seriously, they're on the internet, and they were like 50s, so they should have read them before anyway.  I just wanted to look. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »

I warned her about the distances.  she ignored me.  hey, I tried.

the archives are always slammed with smelly babies and rude people.  and it's not a guarantee that you are looking at the REAL declaration of independence, or the constitution.  they have facsimiles that they use.  often.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »

I warned her about the distances.  she ignored me.  hey, I tried.

the archives are always slammed with smelly babies and rude people.  and it's not a guarantee that you are looking at the REAL declaration of independence, or the constitution.  they have facsimiles that they use.  often.

It wasn't too busy when we went, but it was before Spring Break started.  Just a bunch of old people trying to read the damn things.   :Smiley

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2011, 10:59:54 PM »

you're going at the right time.  never go during the summer.  the whole place is a stinking mess.  after seeing washington in august, it would be understandable if you opposed anything with "public" in it's description.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »

It wasn't too busy when we went, but it was before Spring Break started.  Just a bunch of old people trying to read the damn things.   :Smiley

ageist!!

lol.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »

No sh*t, it's ****ing far.  Especially since it was at the end of the day when we got to Lincoln, we started at the National Archives that day.

Oh Mike!  You have to go to the National Archives and see the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.  The only thing that bothered me there were the people right in front of me.  It was like they were reading the damn things.  Seriously, they're on the internet, and they were like 50s, so they should have read them before anyway.  I just wanted to look. 

I do! I walked by the Archives last SB and didn't even think about going in. I just took some pictures of the exterior since I was doing some architectural photo work.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »

ageist!!

lol.

God gave us the internet if we want to read the founding documents.  Old people should learn how to use Google. 

heh   Cheesy

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »

did you know that the concorde needs 200 mph of groundspeed to take off?  it's design was optimized for supersonic flight, but it struggled to get off the ground.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 11:21:19 PM »

God gave us the internet if we want to read the founding documents.  Old people should learn how to use Google. 

heh   Cheesy

old people don't do the internet.  not well.  trust me.  I am still trying to help my mom and dad into the modern age.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email