[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 02, 2024, 10:54:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren says (4 times) she's not running for president  (Read 414 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: December 15, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/15/politics/warren-denies-president/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

CNN) -- She's said it once, and she'll say it four times: Sen. Elizabeth Warren is not running for president.

Asked four times by NPR's Steve Inskeep on Monday morning whether she was running for president, Warren held her ground, repeating each time: "I am not running for president."

"That's not what we're doing. We had a really important fight in the United States Congress just this past week, and I'm putting all my energy into that fight, into what happens after this," the Massachusetts Democrat said.

Inskeep pointed out that she was speaking in the present tense, and that she hadn't said she would "never" run, but Warren didn't change her tune, eventually becoming so exasperated she demanded, "do you want me to put an exclamation point at the end?"

The questions came in the context of a growing movement to draft Warren into the presidential race, launched by a handful of progressive groups that see her as a transformative figure on the left.
Stan In FL

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »

the national media also thought wendy davis would be a shoe in for governor in TX.  she got 30% of the vote.
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

The Democommie nomination for 2016 is up for grabs, just like the GOP nomination.  The difference is that the brunt of the Obamacare implementation will begin to be felt by the end of 2016, and virtually no Democommie that voted for the worst piece of legislation in our history will stand a chance to be elected.

If the GOP does not totally screw up the next two years, 2016 will make the elections of 2014 look tame.  I can honestly predict further loses by the Democommies.  And we owe their blind determination to shove a destructive healthcare package that ruined 9 out of 10 people's lives in America.  By the time the election has rolled around in 2016, the Democommie Party will exist in name only.  That is what happens when they select a marxist as their leader, to put it mildly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email