[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 08:40:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott the NFL  (Read 4048 times)
jafo2010

« on: August 25, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »

Well it is another season for football, and we still have the NFL remaining quiet on the behavior of players whose interest extend beyond the game to politics.  Frankly, I do not care what any player on that field thinks about anything other than football.

Kaepernick is out, and good riddance.  I would not care if he were the greatest quarterback of all time and played for my team, the Steelers, he would be pond scum in my book.  

Now, a large segment of the Cleveland Browns is refusing to stand for the National Anthem.  This is getting ridiculous, and the only way I see is to boycott the NFL.  So, once again, I will NOT watch a single pro game this year for the second year in a row.  Until the American people let these fools know that their actions have consequences, these highly compensated spoiled POSs will go without an audience.  

Last year it was reported that viewership was down 40%.  This year, I hope that number increases.  In fact, football is beginning to die with a decline at the high school level of over 30%+ in terms of participation.  A number of factors play into that, but I would like to think this political nonsense from the pros is proving to be the kiss of death for the sport.

All my life, I loved football, but no longer.  The players have removed the fun of viewing!

BOYCOTT THE NFL!
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »

The only reason I watched NFL last year....yes the evil Patriots. I know you do not like them Jafo....but for me any team that made the brownshirts lose it.....I am good with.

PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »

Well it is another season for football, and we still have the NFL remaining quiet on the behavior of players whose interest extend beyond the game to politics.  Frankly, I do not care what any player on that field thinks about anything other than football.

Kaepernick is out, and good riddance.  I would not care if he were the greatest quarterback of all time and played for my team, the Steelers, he would be pond scum in my book.  

Now, a large segment of the Cleveland Browns is refusing to stand for the National Anthem.  This is getting ridiculous, and the only way I see is to boycott the NFL.  So, once again, I will NOT watch a single pro game this year for the second year in a row.  Until the American people let these fools know that their actions have consequences, these highly compensated spoiled POSs will go without an audience.  

Last year it was reported that viewership was down 40%.  This year, I hope that number increases.  In fact, football is beginning to die with a decline at the high school level of over 30%+ in terms of participation.  A number of factors play into that, but I would like to think this political nonsense from the pros is proving to be the kiss of death for the sport.

All my life, I loved football, but no longer.  The players have removed the fun of viewing!

BOYCOTT THE NFL!

Apparently Jim Brown had a little talk with the players. No more problem.  Wink

You can get more with a smile, a handshake and a gun than you can with a smile and a handshake - Al Capone
jafo2010

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »

I heard an interview of Jim Brown, who was against the players doing what they were doing.  Glad to see someone speak up about this nonsense!

Until the NFL comes out against this crap, I will boycott the NFL.  This behavior is every bit as bad as players assaulting women, using drugs, etc, and the league needs to address this, otherwise there will be many millions like me who will lose complete interest in the NFL for good!

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 02:33:08 PM »

I see the owner of the Cowboys told the team everyone stands or they will be off the team.
jafo2010

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 11:25:26 PM »

About damn time!  Of course, he was always savvy about making money, and this Kaepernick nonsense has been killing revenue. 

With viewership down 40% last year, that had to translate to revenues, or loss thereof.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email