[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 02:17:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl Game - Death of the NFL  (Read 3048 times)
jafo2010

« on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »

Super Bowl LI in my humble opinion is the death of the NFL.  It is the ONLY NFL game I watched this season.  I decided to boycott the NFL as a result of the NFL's total incompetence in regard to the Kaepernick nonsense.

So, at halftime, the Falcons were up 28-3.  The game was all but a lock in the minds of many.  It is my understanding that Vegas at halftime was offering 1,600:1 odds on New England. I only wish I had known.  I would have gladly parted with $20-$100 knowing full well that New England was fully capable of coming back.  So, the question remains, why such astronomical odds?

Well, the answer is simple.  The bookies I am certain were making a fortune I am sure, with most people going with New England pre-game.  But that was not enough.  I am certain they decided to clean up.  So, they issued out astronomical odds on New England, and put down a bundle to clean up further.  It is reported some $5 billion was lost as a result of the comeback for New England.  Huge loss for some, but someone that had the game fixed and layed huge sums out literally cleaned up and then some.

My humble opinion, the game is the finest example of a FIXED GAME.  All it takes is one person on defense and one on offense to make it all work.  Sitting watching the game the other day, all I thought about was the movie The Natural, where it is down to one game, and Robert Redford realizes the fix is in.  He calls a timeout and goes to the mound and tells the pitcher to play the game and not tank for the man who would gain all.  The pitcher replies, I'll start pitching if you start hitting.  The game was fixed by a key player.

So too, Sunday was fixed.  There is not a single doubt in my mind.  With that, as the word gets out, the NFL will begin to die slowly on the vine, or at least suffer for a few decades.  A generation will go by.  

I have lost all interest in the NFL.  Super Bowl LI was a disgrace.  And add insult on injury, the New England Patriots, who were caught cheating just two years ago did not even have their hands slapped for it.  Suspension for four games for Brady, and I understand he was still paid anywho.  Disgrace!  The NFL should have suspended the New England Patriots from participating for five post seasons.  That would have halted their dishonest ways.  But with nothing of consequence, do you really believe they will refrain from CHEATING again?  Hell no!  The NFL leadership are spineless idiots.

The great quarterback and great coach are cheaters.  There is no greatness to them.  None!  Sunday's game was the height of corruption in a game crooked as a corkscrew!  Shame really, for I loved football at one time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:13:32 AM by jafo2010 » Logged
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »

Not all thinks the way you do on this game jafo. i can see why you are upset. Me...not so much, sick and tired of the Trump hate...the Trump haters hated the Patriots for that reason alone...glad they won.

jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 10:27:57 PM »

I live in the Atlanta metro area, but I am a Steelers fan.  I was ambivalent regarding who won.  The fact that Trump and Brady were friends did not matter to me.

And yes, the Trump hate is getting old, but George Soros is financing all that chaos.  He is behind Black Lives Matter, the anti Trump crap, and God knows what else this scoundrel is doing!.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email