[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 19, 2024, 08:02:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonderful Weekend!  (Read 7420 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures so you can live vicariously.  Grin

Lots more pictures coming too once I work on them. Need to resize them so they aren't so many MBs.

there was a show over the weekend about the history of the hope diamond, including it's new mounting on . . . . the smithsonian channel. Grin Grin Grin

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »

no.  but I would say that watching heart in concert doesn't make me nearly as happy in the pants as it did when I was in college.   Shocked Cool Grin

To much relief of everyone everywhere.  Cheesy

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »

The National Portrait Gallery and American Art Museum was very cool. I especially like the sculptures they have on exhibition. It's amazing how lifelike a good artist can make marble. There was one statue that was so well done, you could see a hint of the body underneath the carved clothing. Don't really know how to describe it but it was amazing. Took lots of pictures there.

The Holocaust Museum was sobering. You can actually walk through a rail car that was used to transport people to the death camps. And the rails it sits on were taken from the rail line leading into Treblinka. It makes the skin crawl. Same with the bunks that are actually from Auschwitz. If you ever get a chance to go, do it. Unfortunately there's no photography allowed, so I actually think I will need to go a couple times to take in everything. There's just so much that it's hard to process and I know I missed a bunch of stuff.

Tomorrow is the Air and Space Museum. I was going to go today, but when I put it into the GPS on my phone, it said the museum was in Chantilly about 25 miles away. Turns out the main museum is on L'Enfant Plaza, and there's a Metro stop right there... Not going to miss that one. Maybe the International Spy Museum as well. Hard to believe I leave day after tomorrow.

Vonne

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »

Sounds like you're having a great time Mike! 
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »

Sounds like you're having a great time Mike! 

It's been an absolute blast. I will definitely need to come back again soon. This is the kind of place I could see myself living. So much history to see. I bet you'd need a lifetime to do everything within 100 miles.

Surprisingly (sort of...), my favorite place I've been in DC was the Supreme Court. What a beautiful building.

Me standing in front of the Supreme Court:

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »

It's been an absolute blast. I will definitely need to come back again soon. This is the kind of place I could see myself living. So much history to see. I bet you'd need a lifetime to do everything within 100 miles.

Surprisingly (sort of...), my favorite place I've been in DC was the Supreme Court. What a beautiful building.

Me standing in front of the Supreme Court:

That's great!

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email