[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 19, 2024, 06:45:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonderful Weekend!  (Read 7419 times)
Vonne

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »

I have a couple of other friends going to DC next week too!  So funny how everyone's going to DC lately.

Head back with them for a second round!   Smiley
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »

Head back with them for a second round!   Smiley

I wish I could have gone back this weekend, but alas it was not meant to be.  I will go back to DC soon.

I have had a productive Sunday.  Finished painting on the front door.  Put on the new doorknob and dead bolt.  Started reading the 4 chapters of Financial Management and doing the questions assigned.  Woo.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »

Mine wasn't so productive, but I did enjoy sleeping late and going jogging!  Very relaxing, after a very busy few weeks!
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 07:52:36 PM »

Rest and relaxation is very important as well. Smiley

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »

Today was the American History Museum at the Smithsonian, The Natural History Museum (though I only went for the Hope Diamond) and the National Archives.

Tomorrow is the Holocaust Museum and maybe the National Portrait Gallery.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »

Today was the American History Museum at the Smithsonian, The Natural History Museum (though I only went for the Hope Diamond) and the National Archives.

Tomorrow is the Holocaust Museum and maybe the National Portrait Gallery.

We looked at the jewels and the dinosaurs.  I wish I had gotten to the Holocaust Museum.  Sad

Glad you had a good day!

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »

We looked at the jewels and the dinosaurs.  I wish I had gotten to the Holocaust Museum.  Sad

Glad you had a good day!

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures so you can live vicariously.  Grin

Lots more pictures coming too once I work on them. Need to resize them so they aren't so many MBs.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 10:35:20 PM »

I have yet to upload all my photos.  Ahh, such is my life.  I did take a picture eerily similar to yours of the Hope Diamond.   Cheesy

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »

I have yet to upload all my photos.  Ahh, such is my life.  I did take a picture eerily similar to yours of the Hope Diamond.   Cheesy

Apparently there's no photography in the Holocaust Museum.

I'm going to have a bunch of pictures from this trip. I love my new camera.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 10:53:49 PM »

Apparently there's no photography in the Holocaust Museum.

I'm going to have a bunch of pictures from this trip. I love my new camera.

I wish I had gone.  It's on the list for my next visit:  Holocaust Museum, Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »

I wish I had gone.  It's on the list for my next visit:  Holocaust Museum, Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon

I did Arlington last time, though I'll probably go back. It's huge, and there's just so much stuff to see. I got to see a changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns which was cool. Definitely wear comfortable shoes.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 08:58:51 AM »

I watched the dodgers lose three games in two days.  the downside to losing a split squad game isn't just losing, it's that the people who lose it are a bunch of kids destined for AA in a week.  or a different career.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 03:15:59 PM »

on sunday I saw a show named something along the lines of "Heart in concert" on one of the channels at the very end of the DTV listing.  one of those channels I never find myself watching, and almost never notice.   but I used to like heart, so I flipped over to it.  I wish I hadn't.  they weren't talking about a concert in 1987.  they were talking about november.

I could have done without seeing 60-odd year old ann wilson trying to belt out "crazy on you" without spitting her dentures across the stage, or stumbling over that black circus tent that she was using as a dress.

it was just a downer.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »

So would you say you've lost your Heart?

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »

So would you say you've lost your Heart?

no.  but I would say that watching heart in concert doesn't make me nearly as happy in the pants as it did when I was in college.   Shocked Cool Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email