[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 19, 2024, 09:10:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonderful Weekend!  (Read 7421 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: March 04, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »

It's a beautiful day in our nation's capital. That's right, Miss Mia's hit DC! I have a really good friend that lives here and I'm in town to celebrate her birthday. This is my first visit to DC, and as the plane landed last night I could see the Capitol all lit up. Quite an amazing site.

Anywho, so I'm gonna be busy the next few days.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »

Have fun! I'll be there in a week.

Just Chem lab this afternoon, Shabbat service and a free dinner tonight, followed by a toga party. Yes, that's right. A toga party. This is going to be freaking insane. We've got 100 people that are supposed to show up. I bet I don't make it up for service tomorrow...

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

I am kicking the weekend off with a nice shiraz, which is superior to syrah in every regard, in my small opinion.  same grape;  the only difference is that shiraz is grown in australia, and syrah in france.  I generally avoid anything french.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »

oh, and we are keeping the wife's niece's kid this weekend.  so there is a two year old wandering around the house.  he's a cool kid, though. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »

cut the grass.  or, more accurately, I vacuumed the yard.  the first few lawn cuttings of the spring are more about leaves than grass.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 02:39:36 PM »

I've had pretty busy weekend so far. Today we're just basically sitting around watching tv.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »

wow.  you can't do that in texas. Grin

I've had pretty busy weekend so far. Today we're just basically sitting around watching tv.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:12:05 PM »

wow.  you can't do that in texas. Grin

It's raining so we're just chilling today. Smiley

Plus, I've ****ing walked a ton already this weekend. My feet and calves could use the break.

I got my left ear cartlige pierced the other day. I already had one piercing there, so this is a second one. Anywho, it's a bit tender today.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:20:45 PM by Miss Mia » Logged

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 03:36:20 PM »

it is easy to misjudge distances in DC.  from one end of the mall, the lincoln memorial looks relatively close, but it isn't.  it's way the hell out there.  it's just BIG.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

Just got home from buying a new camera to replace the one I sold to my landlord last year.

Only thing was the closest Best Buy to get it at was the one in Burleson... Sad

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »

My weekend has almost concluded.  I'm back home from DC and doing laundry.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »

I am glad you had a safe trip. I just love DC. At night it is just beautiful.  Are you going to post any photos?
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 10:16:51 PM »

I am glad you had a safe trip. I just love DC. At night it is just beautiful.  Are you going to post any photos?

It maybe a few days before I get my pictures all up. 

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 10:35:39 PM »

I hate that feeling. I'm getting a new suitcase tomorrow and starting to pack for my DC trip. Can't wait for Saturday morning!

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »

I hate that feeling. I'm getting a new suitcase tomorrow and starting to pack for my DC trip. Can't wait for Saturday morning!

I have a couple of other friends going to DC next week too!  So funny how everyone's going to DC lately.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email