[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 19, 2024, 05:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Favorite Movies? What Have You Watched Recently?  (Read 5226 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: February 11, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »

Favorite Movies? What have you watched recently?

I watched Red the other night with Bruce Willis. I really enjoyed it.

Favorite movies for me Marx Brothers I used to really not like them.
 Bringing Up Baby with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn
The old Topper movie with Cary Grant.
Nick and Nora Charles movies The Thin Man.
I also loved the A-Team That guy who played Face was a doll. Just made me melt Wink
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:25 PM »

Some of my favorite movies are:

The Silence of the Lambs
The Contender with Joan Allen - she has a remarkable performance.
Donnie Darko

I haven't seen Red, but I heard it was good. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »

Some of my favorite movies are:

The Silence of the Lambs
The Contender with Joan Allen - she has a remarkable performance.
Donnie Darko

I haven't seen Red, but I heard it was good. 
I have never watched Silence of the Lambs. Just never got around to it.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

I have never watched Silence of the Lambs. Just never got around to it.

Oh it's a great movie!  It's really one of my favorites of all time.  The acting is just really great.  And it's a suspense thriller.

It's one of only three movies to win all the major categories at the Academy Awards (Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Screenplay).  The amazing part, is the movie came out in February and MGM never thought it would win anything since it had been out so long.   

BTW, Thomas Harris' book Red Dragon is also great.  I didn't care for the movie so much, but the book was awesome.  As was Hannibal, again the movie was okay, but the book is creep out scary good.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:52:11 PM »

men in black
high noon
the man who shot liberty valance.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »

men in black
high noon
the man who shot liberty valance.

Kiss

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRuHk6Drj2U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRuHk6Drj2U</a>

Vonne

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »

I watched Red the other night with Bruce Willis. I really enjoyed it.

I saw that just the other day.  It looked like the cast had a lot of fun making that film!  I really got a kick out of it!

My favorite movies though, hmm.  Perhaps The Usual Suspects, Ronin, The Layer Cake, The Departed, and Blood Diamond.   I'll think of a dozen others if I ponder a moment longer though.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »

I saw that just the other day.  It looked like the cast had a lot of fun making that film!  I really got a kick out of it!

My favorite movies though, hmm.  Perhaps The Usual Suspects, Ronin, The Layer Cake, The Departed, and Blood Diamond.   I'll think of a dozen others if I ponder a moment longer though.

Oh yes, The Usual Suspects and The Departed.  Both great movies.

Speaking of The Usual Suspects.  At this scene early on is when my mom left the room.  I think it's hilarious.  "In English please...."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5vERbLtYI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5vERbLtYI</a>

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:39:16 PM by Miss Mia » Logged

jafo2010

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »

For a true movie buff, that is most difficult.

I love just about every genre of movie with the sole exception of horror.

So, first up SPARTACUS with Kirk Douglas, Jeane Simmons, Lawrence Olivier, Tony Curtis, and many great character actors.  For me, in a league of its own.

I like movies that touch on all the emotions, makes me laugh, makes me cry, etc.  One movie many of you may disagree with is FOREST GUMP....great everything.  Great story, music, acting, writing.....
.........Huge laugh....when Lt. Dan is on the dock and Forest sees him from his boat, jumps off the boat and swims to the dock to say hi while the boat is zooming in the background....not sure I ever laughed so hard in all my life.

.........Huge heartbreak.....at the end, when Forest is standing under the huge oak tree that was the tree Jenny and him sat on....not sure there was ever a more moving scene for me in a movie.

.........musical....there are many.....Sound of Music, South Pacific, My Fair Lady, White Christmas....all well done

.........comedy......so many  Three Stooges (which were short, but delightful), Abbott and Costello, Steve Martin movies, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Ginger Rogers, Doris Day, Joe Pesci, Saint Ralph (great story of a runner), Some Like It Hot (Hilarious)

.........drama - gangster.....The Godfather I, II, III, anything with Edward G. Robinson

....,....drama  -  edge of your seat......SEVEN DAYS IN MAY. another Kirk Douglas film, and I do not think I ever sat on the edge of my chair more.  I first saw it when I was about 13 years old.  The suspense was incredible.

........fantasy  -  Superman......with Christopher Reeves, Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman  the first one....after I saw that movie, I felt like I could fly home, it made me feel so good

........sports movies  -  there are many.....Pride of the Yankees, Hoosiers (super movie), The Natural, Burt Lancaster as Jim Thorpe, Cutting Edge, Brian's Song, and many more

and just about any movie with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Cary Grant, Mel Gibson, Sean Connery, Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Ronald Coleman, Bruce Willis, Doris Day (when I was a boy, I was in love with her), Barbara Stanwyk (class through and through)
.................and I could probably think of 50 more movies and 50 more actors that I enjoy...the list is long.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 12:45:55 AM »

For a true movie buff, that is most difficult.

I love just about every genre of movie with the sole exception of horror.

So, first up SPARTACUS with Kirk Douglas, Jeane Simmons, Lawrence Olivier, Tony Curtis, and many great character actors.  For me, in a league of its own.

I like movies that touch on all the emotions, makes me laugh, makes me cry, etc.  One movie many of you may disagree with is FOREST GUMP....great everything.  Great story, music, acting, writing.....
.........Huge laugh....when Lt. Dan is on the dock and Forest sees him from his boat, jumps off the boat and swims to the dock to say hi while the boat is zooming in the background....not sure I ever laughed so hard in all my life.

.........Huge heartbreak.....at the end, when Forest is standing under the huge oak tree that was the tree Jenny and him sat on....not sure there was ever a more moving scene for me in a movie.

.........musical....there are many.....Sound of Music, South Pacific, My Fair Lady, White Christmas....all well done

.........comedy......so many  Three Stooges (which were short, but delightful), Abbott and Costello, Steve Martin movies, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Ginger Rogers, Doris Day, Joe Pesci, Saint Ralph (great story of a runner), Some Like It Hot (Hilarious)

.........drama - gangster.....The Godfather I, II, III, anything with Edward G. Robinson

....,....drama  -  edge of your seat......SEVEN DAYS IN MAY. another Kirk Douglas film, and I do not think I ever sat on the edge of my chair more.  I first saw it when I was about 13 years old.  The suspense was incredible.

........fantasy  -  Superman......with Christopher Reeves, Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman  the first one....after I saw that movie, I felt like I could fly home, it made me feel so good

........sports movies  -  there are many.....Pride of the Yankees, Hoosiers (super movie), The Natural, Burt Lancaster as Jim Thorpe, Cutting Edge, Brian's Song, and many more

and just about any movie with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Cary Grant, Mel Gibson, Sean Connery, Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Ronald Coleman, Bruce Willis, Doris Day (when I was a boy, I was in love with her), Barbara Stanwyk (class through and through)
.................and I could probably think of 50 more movies and 50 more actors that I enjoy...the list is long.
Barbara Stanwyk (class through and through) Many forget about her. The Great Race with tony curtis.Who's Minding the Mint. That one movie allthose actors were looking for that money, the clue was a W The name will come to me eventually. Jumping Jack Flash with Woopie Goldberg was hilarious/ 
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 12:51:29 AM »

Barbara Stanwyk (class through and through) Many forget about her. The Great Race with tony curtis.Who's Minding the Mint. That one movie allthose actors were looking for that money, the clue was a W The name will come to me eventually. Jumping Jack Flash with Woopie Goldberg was hilarious/ 

Did you ever see The Color Purple? Whoopi was excellent.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 12:59:57 AM »

Did you ever see The Color Purple? Whoopi was excellent.
No. I didn't know she was in it.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 01:04:17 AM »

No. I didn't know she was in it.

The book's excellent, the movie's excellent. The Color Purple was also Oprah's first movie role. Whoopi really encompassed everything that her character stood for.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0088939/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:07:18 AM by Miss Mia » Logged

jafo2010

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »

Truly a heartbreak movie...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email