[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 11:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should White House Realease Photo of Usama's Body?
Yes - 2 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Bin Laden is Dead" Thread  (Read 16917 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:18 AM »

the powerline guys didn't like the speech much more than I did.  and for the same reasons.

The first part of the announcement, evoking 9/11, was vulgarly overwritten as per Obama's view of himself as some kind of gifted orator. The adjective bloated compote was unworthy of the subject, banal and self-indulgent.

Then there were his tasteless claims of personal leadership, his over-emphasis on "I" and "at my direction." Clearly, all he did was sign off on initiatives other, better men had originated. He was ungenerous to Bush, who had to deal with this thing in real time under more pressure any president has faced since Pearl Harbor and wasn't helped by the treachery of the democratic party, as exemplified by then Senator Obama . . . .

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »

Just because he does not acknowledge WHO his neighbor is, that doesn't mean he did not know who it was living there.  I suspect he knew, or a number knew.  Bin Laden did not exactly wear a burka as he went here and there.

He would have been seen, and it would have been known he lived there by many.

So much for the air defenses of Pakistan.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »

why did the DCIA go anal about civilian casualties the the first paragraph of his statement?  this blubbering goon is about to be sec'y of defense, for god's sake.

This morning, CIA Director Leon E. Panetta sent the following message to Agency employees:

Today, we have rid the world of the most infamous terrorist of our time. A US strike team stormed a compound in Abottabad, Pakistan and killed Usama Bin Ladin. Thankfully, no Americans were lost, and every effort was taken to avoid civilian casualties.

More

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2011, 10:48:51 AM »

gitmo.  the tip originated from detainees at gitmo.  GITMO.

For nearly a decade, American military and intelligence forces had chased the specter of Bin Laden through Pakistan and Afghanistan, once coming agonizingly close and losing him in a pitched battle at Tora Bora, in the mountains of eastern Afghanistan. As Obama administration officials described it, the real breakthrough came when they finally figured out the name and location of Bin Laden’s most trusted courier, whom the Qaeda chief appeared to rely on to maintain contacts with the outside world.

Detainees at the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, had given the courier’s pseudonym to American interrogators and said that the man was a protégé of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the confessed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

American intelligence officials said Sunday night that they finally learned the courier’s real name four years ago, but that it took another two years for them to learn the general region where he operated.

Still, it was not until August that they tracked him to the compound in Abbottabad, a medium-sized city about an hour’s drive north of Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan.

More

Vonne

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »

gitmo.  the tip originated from detainees at gitmo.  GITMO.

Ka-Pow, that will leave a mark in quite a few arguments and platforms!
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:32 PM »

. . . and was the result of enhanced interrogation techniques.  or so I have read.

Ka-Pow, that will leave a mark in quite a few arguments and platforms!

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »

fascinating.  bin laden's neighbor tweeted the raid.   even more fascinating that he didn't know who his neighbor was.

Wow unreal!
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »

U.S. Forces Unsure Bin Laden Was There Until Face to Face

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-02/u-s-forces-were-unsure-bin-laden-in-house-until-meeting-him-face-to-face.html

The compound in Abbottabad where Osama bin Laden was killed. Photographer: Farooq Naeem/AFP/Getty Images
The U.S. team was on site for less than 40 minutes, and bin Laden was killed resisting the assault, an official said. Three other men, one of whom may have been one of bin Laden’s sons, were killed in the raid along with a woman used as a human shield. Two women were injured. No other civilians or U.S. personnel were injured, said the officials, who spoke on condition there wouldn’t be identified.
‘Loud Explosion’

“We heard a loud explosion and then the sound of guns firing,” said Iqbal Alam Khan, 37, who works as a merchant in the town of Abbottabad where the assault took place. “It came from Bilal Town,” a property development of newly built villas and mansions about two miles from the center of Abbottabad, he said in a phone interview.

“We didn’t know the cause of the fighting and we didn’t go outside to see because it was the middle of the night,” Khan said.

One helicopter was destroyed by U.S. forces after it was grounded by a mechanical failure. U.S. officials wouldn’t say how many men were involved in the operation, describing it as a surgical strike by a small team. Bin Laden’s body was taken out of the country by the assault team and later buried at sea, another official said.
Vonne

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »

Just because he does not acknowledge WHO his neighbor is, that doesn't mean he did not know who it was living there.  I suspect he knew, or a number knew.  Bin Laden did not exactly wear a burka as he went here and there.

He would have been seen, and it would have been known he lived there by many.

I'd be shocked if the neighbors knew.  One doesn't live with a $25 million bounty on their head, an international manhunt, and trust more than a select handful of people.  The notion that his whereabouts would be neighborhood knowledge, is well... a bit unlikely.
jafo2010

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2011, 02:14:14 PM »

That bounty has been there for years, and certainly did not motivate anyone through all that time.

Did you ever bother to put your thinking cap on and ask why someone did not want the $25 million?  No, I know the answer.

He was seen by plenty, loyal Muslims, who think of him as a true hero.

He hasn't been as visible as Charlie Sheen, or Obama, but he is largely revered within the Muslim ranks.
jafo2010

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »

Oh by the way, now he will be heralded as a martyr to the cause, and his death will be used to recruit many thousands to destroy the great fire breathing dragon.

Better to have kept this mission completely in the black rather than making it the MEDIA CIRCUS it is.

The enemy would have been reluctant to mention his death, for they would not have had any real details, and yet their leader just up and disappeared.  That alone would have been a true leader's MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

What foolish leadership!  If I did not know better, I would say Obama is more a Muslim today than ever, for he couldn't have done something more intentionally to help our enemies.

His only interest like the loser one term president, elect much for the very same reasons Obama was elected was to pull this MEDIA CIRCUS STUNT!  Carter only did or executed actions he thought would help him get re-elected too to refresh many people;s memory.

Whenever Carter took action, I thought, well there must be a primary taking place this week.  Two sorry rotten peas out of the same pod, the same playbook.

All this does is to guarantee he will not get re-elected.

The parallels are startling to me between Obama and Carter.

I just hope the parallels between Obama and Johnson are equally the same, when Obama decides last minute to bow out of the game and not run for a 2nd term.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »

White House Officials Debate Releasing Photographs of Bin Laden’s Corpse

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/white-house-officials-debate-releasing-photographs-of-bin-ladens-corpse-1.html

The Obama administration has photographs of Osama bin Laden’s dead body and officials are debating what to do with them and whether they should be released to the public, officials tell ABC News.

“There’s no doubt it’s him,” says a US official who has seen the pictures and also reminds us that OBL was 6’4”.

The argument for releasing them: to ensure that the public knows and can appreciate that he's dead. There is of course skepticism throughout the world that the US government claim that it killed bin Laden is true.

The argument against releasing the pictures: they’re gruesome. He has a massive head wound above his left eye where he took bullet, with brains and blood visible.
They need to release the photo. 
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »

I don't need to see the photo, myself.  these freaks just relatively recently quit sawing american's heads off, leaving the pieces in different places, and posting video on the internet.

no need to stir the whackos back up.  especially if it won't really accomplish anything.

White House Officials Debate Releasing Photographs of Bin Laden’s Corpse

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/white-house-officials-debate-releasing-photographs-of-bin-ladens-corpse-1.html
 They need to release the photo. 

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »

Getting Osama bin Laden: How the mission went down

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54093_Page3.html
Last Thursday, just after his East Room announcement that Panetta would succeed Robert Gates as Defense Secretary, the president held another meeting in the Situation Room, and went through everyone’s final recommendations.

Obama didn’t announce his decision at the meeting, but kept his counsel overnight.
Continue Reading
Text Size

* -
    * +
    * reset

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com Listen

In the White House Diplomatic Room at 8:20 a.m. on Friday, before flying down to view tornado destruction in Alabama, Obama informed Donilon that he was authorizing the operation. Also attending the meeting were Brennan, White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley and Deputy National Security Adviser Denis McDonough.

Donilon signed a written authorization to Panetta, who commanded the strike team. Donilon convened a principals’ meeting at 3 p.m. to finish the planning.

The raid was scheduled for Saturday, the day when Obama and most of the West Wing was due at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner. But weather pushed it to Sunday.

Did they release so much info when Saddam was captured?  You know this is out to show how Obama is a hands on CIC and in charge
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »

How long does it take to do the DNA test? I think he is dead don't get me wrong, just it was 8 hours from the time of death to burial at sea i think.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email