[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 11:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turtle Soup?  (Read 1550 times)
Vonne

« on: September 10, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »

The Turtle Lawsuit, in a Shell
-Turtle advocate, collector, and breeder VOLUNTEERS to work with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as a confidential informant against black market turtle dealers.  

-Receives $400 from Fish and Wildlife Service to purchase illegal turtles from a black market dealer in a sting operation, who turned out to be a Georgia DNR officer.  Expecting that they'd convict the errant DNR officer...

-Instead they use his involvement in that sting operation, to warrant a search of his property and seize his large collection.

-Georgia DNR than proceeds to improperly care for the rare turtles leading to over 200 turtle ninja deaths.

http://www.ajc.com/news/lawsuit-in-a-nutshell-127667.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:12:09 PM by Vonne » Logged
Vonne

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »

Man acquitted of endangerment, but his animals died in custody
300 of 500 turtles ninjas seized from Steve Santhuff died

When some of Steve Santhuff’s rare and endangered turtle collection was returned to him last week, it should have been a victorious moment.

But Santhuff is far from happy.

While the Georgia Department of Natural Resources has given back 128 of about 500 turtles seized from Santhuff in 2005, along with 14 hatchlings that were birthed in the interim, more than 300 of the turtles the amateur herpetologist lovingly tended to for two decades have died. The state puts the death toll at 309, but Santhuff claims the number is 362.

The other turtles were whisked away only to be returned maimed or deformed.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/man-acquitted-of-endangerment-127592.html
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 06:18:16 PM »

I wonder what The Shredder thinks about this. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email