[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 10:50:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Womens dress in the workplace  (Read 1729 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: July 20, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »

Visible bra straps, teeny tops - this woman boss has had enough! Dress for the office girls, not a hen night!

The young woman sitting opposite me had submitted a pitch-perfect application letter and one of the best CVs I'd seen.

She had been one of almost 70 applicants for a job on the magazine where I'm editor, and on her application alone should have been my star candidate.

But the minute she walked into my office, and before she even opened her mouth, she failed the interview.

She was wearing a 'spray-on' dress, cut low enough to reveal yards of cleavage and high enough to barely skim her thighs, with shoes so high she had trouble walking in them.

Those clothes spoke volumes more than the carefully crafted CV and told me two essential things: this woman is not intelligent, and she does not respect me or herself.

The way we dress for work has become a minefield. We live in less formal times, where dress codes have been all but abandoned and the old 'power dressing' rules for women were killed off when we stopped wanting to behave or look like men at work.

-snip-

Link

My downfall is flip flops, but the dealership was very casual dress.  Now, I know starting next week, flip flips are a no-no and I actually do have professional shoes.  I have to say that the receptionist at the dealer did tend to wear clothing that was more fitting for going out with the girls than being at work, wearing halter and tube tops, short dresses and bra straps showing.  I never understood the whole letting your bra strap show, it's not classy at all.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »

Now, I know starting next week, flip flips are a no-no and I actually do have professional shoes. 

I have to say that the receptionist at the dealer did tend to wear clothing that was more fitting for going out with the girls than being at work, wearing halter and tube tops, short dresses and bra straps showing.

This is the difference between a professional position and a sales or marketing position.

I'm almost certain that every auto dealer or sales manager would love a hawt n' scantily clad receptionist to greet potential customers  Grin
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

This is the difference between a professional position and a sales or marketing position.

I'm almost certain that every auto dealer or sales manager would love a hawt n' scantily clad receptionist to greet potential customers  Grin

Not so much when your customers tend to be married customers with children.  It's old-school car dealer to have the scantily clad receptionist.  She's a nice girl, but honestly not that bright and it just reinforced that with you.  The whole "it's a good thing she's cute cause she's dumber than a box of rocks."

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 06:09:20 PM »

....the scantily clad receptionist.  She's a nice girl, but honestly not that bright and I'll introduce you to her.

Well thanks! Cheesy

Not so much when your customers tend to be married customers with children.  It's old-school car dealer to have the scantily clad receptionist.

Ah, well that's pretty understandable than.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email