[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 04, 2024, 07:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zimmerman to be released 'imminently' and will be kept in 'secret location' afte  (Read 579 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 21, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

Zimmerman to be released 'imminently' and will be kept in 'secret location' after judge set bond at $150,000

George Zimmerman could be released from jail as early as today after Seminole County Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester determined he is not a risk to the community, despite being charged with second degree murder.

He was granted bond of $150,000 on Thursday, less than the $1 million asked for by the state of Florida.

As the alleged killer's lawyers worked on the conditions and safety precautions of his release, it was expected that he would post bond at some point over the weekend.

Speaking at his bail hearing Zimmerman ,28, apologised to the parents of slain teenager Trayvon Martin today, coming face-to-face with the victim's family for the first time. He said: ‘I am sorry for the loss of your son… I did not know if he was armed or not.’

His attorney requested that bond be set at no more than $15,000 but the state of Florida argued it should be set at $1million. The judge eventually set bail at $150,000 meaning the second degree murder suspect can be released as he awaits trial.

Addressing Trayvon Martin's family directly Zimmerman said: ‘I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit older than I was.’

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set several conditions for Zimmerman's release, including that he must check in with the state every three days, and he will not be allowed to work in public, own firearms or do drugs.

The 28-year-old is charged with second degree murder for the February 26 killing of the 17-year-old.

While on the stand, the prosecution asked why Zimmerman waited so long to contact Martin’s parents. Zimmerman said he was told not to by his own lawyer.

‘I was told not to communicate,’ he said. Zimmerman sat stiffly while testifying, keeping his expression blank and blinking frequently.

He was questioned for about five minutes before the judge dismissed him from the stand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132687/Zimmerman-release-imminent--kept-safe-secret-location-likely-outside-Florida.html
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:24:27 PM »

They have absolutely no evidence to convict Zimmerman, except that rioteous mob outside.

안녕하십니까
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email