[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 03:01:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video appears to show marines urinating on bodies, sparking military investigati  (Read 3414 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »

I wonder what you get for pissing on a dead terrorist?  probation?  prison  Shocked ?

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

I wonder what you get for pissing on a dead terrorist?  probation?  prison  Shocked ?
In my military you get a handshake....with this regime who knows?
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »

it would make for an awfully odd looking medal, wouldn't it?   Cool

In my military you get a handshake....with this regime who knows?

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:34 PM »

it would make for an awfully odd looking medal, wouldn't it?   Cool

Grin
jafo2010

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »

I would suspect it will be serious time at hard labor....2-5 years my guess.  They will throw the book at them.

Time to have a Stalin purge of the military too, for they are a bunch of pansies too!
Vonne

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »

I want to say, that I'm continuously amazed at the wanton stupidity of video taping stuff which should never be seen by others...
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »

I want to say, that I'm continuously amazed at the wanton stupidity of video taping stuff which should never be seen by others...
agreed!
jafo2010

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

Another damn flaw of that idiot Bush, who imbeded the media in every damn Humvie.

Cameras and cell phones should be considered contraband in a war zone with the exception of those in the media.  And part of the training I would hope of our soldiers and marines in the future is the basic intelligence of not documenting such events.

This points to the fact that the people we are attracting to the military are not across the board the most desirable folks.  That is why I believe we should have mandatory service of two years of all our youth, and end this nonsense of recruiting the low life of our society.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »

Urinating Marines Identified 7 Battalion Members Had Been Killed in Action
http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/13/urinating-marines-identified-7-battalion-members-had-been-killed/
The U.S. Marines Corps has identified all four of the men seen urinating on the corpses of insurgent fighters in a viral video that emerged this week ... and they are all part of a sniper team based in North Carolina.

According to reports, all four members belong to the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, which returned to the U.S. last fall after a tour in Afghanistan ... after 7 members of the 1,000-person battalion were killed in action.

So far, the names of the men have not been released.

CBSNews.com reports the men had been showing off the video as a "war trophy" at their home base in Camp Lejeune in NC.

At least two of the Marines have been interviewed by USMC officials -- but are not being detained.

A rep for the White House says President Barack Obama is aware of the video -- but would not say if he has actually seen it yet.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »

Official: Marines in Afghanistan video identified, expected to face charges
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/13/marines-name-general-to-handle-investigation-into-video/?test=latestnews

WASHINGTON –  The four Marines seen in a video that purports to show them urinating on dead bodies in Afghanistan have been identified and will face charges soon, a senior military official told Fox News.

The Marines are from the 3rd battalion, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force out of Camp Lejeune, N.C. A fifth individual, the camera operator, apparently has not been identified.

Meanwhile, the Marine Corps has appointed a three-star general to decide what disciplinary action to take against the four Marine snipers.

Lt. Gen. Thomas Waldhauser will name another officer to lead an internal Marine Corps investigation. That investigation will be in addition to a criminal probe already under way by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Waldhauser, who is commander of Marine Corps Forces Central Command, will determine how to proceed once both investigations are completed.

NCIS Communications Director Maryann Cummings also said her department's probe is still "in its very early stages."

"At this point, NCIS has identified and talked to the four Marines in the video. All four are currently in the U.S.. NCIS investigators are still tracking down information on the individual(s) who created and posted the video as well as initiating computer forensic techniques on the video itself," Cummings said. "NCIS conducts a wide range of law enforcement missions for the Department of the Navy. As always, the goal is to gather every possible fact, put the facts into context, and present the results of the investigation to a convening authority to take the appropriate action. NCIS is committed to conducting a comprehensive and thorough investigation."
So what this regime will hang them in the nearest soccer field?    I am sure they would love to do that.
Vonne

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »

Just FYI, there was no change to your post, Vonne.  I was trying to quote it.  but the "modify" and "quote" buttons are annoyingly close together.  an inadvertent "misclick".  my apologies.

No worries, I've made that mistake before on other forums.   Grin

Perry: Marines in video are 'kids,' not criminals

Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry on Sunday accused the Obama administration of "over-the-top rhetoric" and "disdain for the military" in its condemnation of a video that purportedly shows four Marines urinating on corpses in Afghanistan.

Perry's comments put him at odds with Sen. John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, who said the images could damage the war effort.

"The Marine Corps prides itself that we don't lower ourselves to the level of the enemy," McCain said when asked about Perry's position. "So it makes me sad more than anything else, because ... I can't tell you how wonderful these people (Marines) are. And it hurts their reputation and their image."

Yahoo News - AP
Vonne

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »

I find it a bit humorous, that Perry still considers himself relevant.  Plus, is he really advocating that America participates in using child-soldiers   Shocked

In all reality people do foolish things, especially young people, and it's a shame but understandable when their actions become big enough that the consequences will likely outweigh the crime.  Hopefully it's minimal, but to maintain American integrity and save face - they'll have to be punished.  
jafo2010

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »

Perry may still be hanging in because it appeared he was favored by the Bildeburgers last year.  Huntsman is out, and despite his tepid support of Romney, most of his votes will go to the anti Romney candidate, and possibly, whoever is left standing at the end will gardner enough votes to truly challenge Romney.

I fully expect some unknown revelation about Romney that will knock him out...it is only a matter of time.  And of course, the Obama campaign will remain quiet in hopes he is the GOP candidate and I then fully expect them to begin firing with both barrels.

So, it is not over until the fat lady sings, and I do not believe she has hit the stage as yet!
natstew

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »

A good conduct medal if I was Prez.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »

those four marines violated several laws under the UCMJ, and they will be prosecuted.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email