[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 23, 2024, 12:29:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Efforts to Ban Circumcision Gain Traction in California  (Read 4391 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »

of course.  she's a perfectly well adjusted, emotionally balanced mainstream soccer mom . . . who has made the end of other people's pricks her life's focus.   :Smiley

I wonder what you have to major in to become a "lactation educator"?  has she ever wondered how we ever staggered out of our caves (using her world view) without "lactation educators"?  not to pass judgement on her profession, but there are any number of infinitely more complex secretions -- not to mention excretions -- that are much more worthy of "educators".  sounds to me like she took all of the easy classes at Gladular University.  the damn slacker.

I read the link, and I find nothing that makes this woman a nut job.

The fact remains that performing circumcision on new borns is barbaric at best.  And I did learn something new.  I did not know that the Pediatric Association of Scoundrels (doctors) established an anti-circumcision policy.  Since when did doctors care about procedures that were unnecessary when money is to be made?  Since when?
[/quot

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

That is definitely a new career on me...but considering women by and large quit nursing their babies in the USA, I am not surprised that such a position would spring up.  Also add the fact that we have eliminated as many positions in the USA as possible and exported them to foreign countries, I am not surprised we are getting creative with new service positions.

When you consider we have a community j*rk-*ff organizer as president, h*ll, anything is possible.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »

Every woman I know that had a child has nursed. The problem is that once women were returning to the workplace they were having a hard time with being able to pump. That's why a lot of women stopped breast feeding and used formula. Now the tide is turning with the availability of a room to pump and store breast milk becoming more and more increasing. Where I work now has such a space.

A lactation educator is a person that helps new mothers with nursing. It's not all one, two, three, latch for all mothers and babies.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »

it's probably pointless to try to discuss this using anecdotal evidence, but I can think of a hundred ways to "pump" at work.  and none of them reveal workplace hostility to women, if that is what you are ramping up to. 

I know what lactation educators do.  it's pretty self explanatory.  I wonder what she charges?  does the state regulate lactation educators?  did anthony weiner need an ejaculation educator? 

these are all serious questions.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »

it's probably pointless to try to discuss this using anecdotal evidence, but I can think of a hundred ways to "pump" at work.  and none of them reveal workplace hostility to women, if that is what you are ramping up to. 

I know what lactation educators do.  it's pretty self explanatory.  I wonder what she charges?  does the state regulate lactation educators?  did anthony weiner need an ejaculation educator? 

these are all serious questions.

Lactation educators usually work at a hospital. That way they're available when a woman is nursing.

I can tell you that I know of an employer that's part of a large corporation that 1. refuses to allow nursing women keep their pump with them below the cash register, 2. refuses to allow women to combine their two 15 min breaks into one to have time to pump and 3. women are supposed to pump while in a bathroom. I don't know about you, but I don't prepare my food in the bathroom and neither should nursing mothers.

Thankfully in the health care legislation was more protections for nursing mothers in regards to pumping at work.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »

"protections" for nursing mothers?  who is attacking them?  I just hate that construction, that people need to be "protected" from something.  it's a central need of liberalism;  a bad guy.  someone has to be out to get you, or activist government makes no sense.  there is no need for nancy pelosi to "fight for working families" (whatever those are) if no on eis out to harm them.  it's all a sham.

and unless a non-activist SCOTUS judge dies in the next few months, and is replaced by another "wise latina", I am fairly sure that obamacare will be declared unconstitutional. 

now, for the record, I think employers SHOULD make reasonable provisions for nursing mothers.  I just don't think it should be a mandate from the central government.  if an employer can't come to reasonable agreements with the needs of their employees, then they are a sh*tty company.  they will die of mismanagement for a thousand other reasons.

jafo2010

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »

Nursing rooms for breast feeding mothers in the workplace....oh yes, they are springing up all over the place.  If an employer denies women such space, then they are discriminating against them.  It is all part of the entitlement mentality, and is quickly becoming a mandated right for women.

I am a firm believer in women being treated equally, I also believe babies ideally should be nursed by their mothers for one plus years (the doctor that started Prevention Magazine believes women should nurse their young for three years)...but I do not believe the government should be mandating employers to provide the necessary space for breast pumping or feeding/changing their babies. 

I think it is great the government has mandated a law that allows fathers be allowed time to spend with their families if they desire when children are born, but I can honestly say that even taking time off from work to be with my wife for the birth of our children, I felt guilty.  I was responsible for generating technical proposals for 2 of the 3 kids we had, which were on a tight time schedule, and every minute counted.  My being away meant in my mind that it could cost the company a huge contract $40 million+ and I was not comfortable being away, even for the birth of my children.

Rather than employers being mandated to provide space for lactating mothers, I think it a better solution that mothers be allotted 1-2 hours to feed their babies at home if they so desire.  Bringing the care of the family into the workplace, and making it a mandated right is wrong in my humble opinion.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

Nursing rooms for breast feeding mothers in the workplace....oh yes, they are springing up all over the place.  If an employer denies women such space, then they are discriminating against them.  It is all part of the entitlement mentality, and is quickly becoming a mandated right for women.

I am a firm believer in women being treated equally, I also believe babies ideally should be nursed by their mothers for one plus years (the doctor that started Prevention Magazine believes women should nurse their young for three years)...but I do not believe the government should be mandating employers to provide the necessary space for breast pumping or feeding/changing their babies. 

I think it is great the government has mandated a law that allows fathers be allowed time to spend with their families if they desire when children are born, but I can honestly say that even taking time off from work to be with my wife for the birth of our children, I felt guilty.  I was responsible for generating technical proposals for 2 of the 3 kids we had, which were on a tight time schedule, and every minute counted.  My being away meant in my mind that it could cost the company a huge contract $40 million+ and I was not comfortable being away, even for the birth of my children.

Rather than employers being mandated to provide space for lactating mothers, I think it a better solution that mothers be allotted 1-2 hours to feed their babies at home if they so desire.  Bringing the care of the family into the workplace, and making it a mandated right is wrong in my humble opinion.

So rather than having an employer set aside a space for a mother to pump, you'd rather her leave for a couple of hours? 

jafo2010

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »

Frankly, I do not care one way or the other.  If I were a woman, I think I would be more comfortable in my own home.  But convenience is at the heart of everything today, so if a woman can have her kid at a day care at work, and she can go to a room where she can comfortably tend her child, then that is certainly convenient.

For the woman that lives a fair distance from work, it is not practical to return home.  But if I had my choice, and I was a woman with a nursing baby, I would prefer doing it in the comfort of my own home.  However, I do not believe that employers should be mandated to provide space or even time necessarily out of the work day.  Government has too much to say about everything.

I think future laws should fall into the category of...if we can live without it, we will.  That would eliminate 99% of all new legislation.  Government is out of control, fining people for feeding the homeless is just one idiotic example.

Rather than addressing the PROBLEM, legislative groups/bodies want solely to penalize the poor bastards wanting to help their fellow man.

How about a nursing tax?  If I have to pay taxes when I buy tools, so too women should pay taxes when they nurse their babies!  Why not? 

Just kidding....but I would bet there is a Democrat somewhere that suggested it at some point or another.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »

I understand what you're saying.  Where I work there are rooms provided to women to pump.  The one for our program has a door that locks from the inside, a comfortable chair and a mini fridge to store the milk.  I know that the few women that have had a child since I've been there used the room.  We had a big meeting the other week, and a woman that was coming in for it made sure to let me know she needed to get a key to the room so that she could use it during breaks. 

Earlier up thread I mentioned a work place that wouldn't allow women to combine two breaks into one for the purpose of pumping.  The woman that had gone into their various locations in the DFW area was a worker from WIC.  Many of the women that worked there qualified for WIC and was trying to get the employer to make small accommodations in order to help the women.  Being able to pump and use the free breast milk a woman makes is a hell of a lot cheaper than formula (and better for the baby). 

jafo2010

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »

No need to sell me on the merits of mother's milk.  I believe 100% that women should nurse their children.  In fact, if you want to pass a regulation, make it mandatory that all women nurse their babies for a mandatory minimum of nine months.  Can you imagine how much better off these kids would be?  Far healthier, and I am sure a study could be done to document the improvement society would realize with such a program.  The savings in healthcare alone would be huge.

Plus studies are FINALLY coming out addressing how truly harmful SOY PRODUCTS are to humans, and that children should not ingest soy products of any kind.  I believe soy is one of the primary ingredients of formula for babies.  Perhaps soy is responsible for more maladies than we have a clue in regard to poor health or health issues.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »

let me get this straight.  you want to pass a federal law that requires all women in the entire country to breast feed for 9 months because you, personally, think it's a good idea?  you're out of your mind.  

you think you can make that decision for every woman and child, regardless of their circumstances, regardless of their personal beliefs and conditions, and regardless of what THEY think is best for THEMSELVES?

that's a spectacularly liberal notion.  nancy pelosi couldn't have uncorked a bigger screamer on her most hysterical day.

while we're at it, why don't we outlaw any sex position but missionary, because I've seen studies that says it makes for smarter babies, and I just think it's a good ****ing idea (no pun intended).  or why don't we mandate hairstyles, or clothing?  why don't we have the central government arrange marriages?  

because it's freaking america.  sometimes, I think you're totally missing the point.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:30:42 AM by JohnBrowdie » Logged

jafo2010

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »

JB...you must be an idiot.     

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC YOU FOOL!

If you knew my mindset, and clearly you don't, you would know I am against just about ALL TAXES.  And if I had a whack at the budget, we would have a deficit for about one week, which is about the time it would take for me to figure out what we need to cut to get a BALANCED BUDGET!

And if I had a true chance to look at things thoroughly, I am certain I could whack about 50% of the budget...permanently.

Both parties are guilty of gross negligence in regard to the treasury of the USA.  Criminal negligence.  But of course, let's focus on more important issues for one month like Weiner's weener and who he is sharing it with on the Internet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email