[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 22, 2024, 02:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim congressman weeps at terror hearing  (Read 4600 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »

By the way did you know he used a Koran to be sworn into office?Huh?Huh?

Um, of course he was, did you expect him to use a Bible? I believe he was sworn in with Thomas Jefferson's Koran.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 07:33:07 PM »

Um, of course he was, did you expect him to use a Bible? I believe he was sworn in with Thomas Jefferson's Koran.

Yet the holy book at tomorrow's ceremony has an unassailably all-American provenance. We've learned that the new congressman -- in a savvy bit of political symbolism -- will hold the personal copy once owned by Thomas Jefferson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/03/AR2007010300075.html

Did not know that. He used Thomas Jefferson's copy.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »

I see from that article link that he....

Ellison will take the official oath of office along with the other incoming members in the House chamber, then use the Koran in his individual, ceremonial oath with new Speaker Nancy Pelosi. "Keith is paying respect not only to the founding fathers' belief in religious freedom but the Constitution itself," said Ellison spokesman Rick Jauert.

One person unlikely to be swayed by the book's illustrious history is Goode, who released a letter two weeks ago objecting to Ellison's use of the Koran. "I believe that the overwhelming majority of voters in my district would prefer the use of the Bible," the Virginia Republican told Fox News, and then went on to warn about what he regards as the dangers of Muslims immigrating to the United States and Muslims gaining elective office.
Did take the oath along with other members.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »

I see from that article link that he....

Did take the oath along with other members.

They all take the oath together, then they have the photo sessions showing them individually taking it.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 08:55:29 AM »

Why does it matter how many? And obviously I'm referring only to the innocent people that died, not the terrorists. Why do you assume Rep. Ellison is a 'buddy' to the terrorists?

Agreed, but I was asking apples since she referred to Rep Ellison as being a 'buddy' to terrorists since they happen to share a religion (one in which the terrorists are extremists and Ellison is not).

There are two kind of muslims, terrorist and covert terrorist. Angry
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »

There are two kind of muslims, terrorist and covert terrorist. Angry

I'll be sure to pass that along to my Muslim friends later.  I'm sure they'll enjoy the good joke.

natstew

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »

I'll be sure to pass that along to my Muslim friends later.  I'm sure they'll enjoy the good joke.

Are you undercover for the FBI or just a sucker for the muslims? Pass this on to your muzzie friends also.

(I had some more written here, but I cleared it because I knew it wouldn't pass censorship.)
natstew

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 10:58:02 AM »

About Thomas Jefferson's koran. The Lefties tell it as though he was a muslim, he was not. He obtained the koran to learn about islam. After reading it he never endorsed islam or defended it. More likely he comdemned islam.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »

Are you undercover for the FBI or just a sucker for the muslims? Pass this on to your muzzie friends also.

(I had some more written here, but I cleared it because I knew it wouldn't pass censorship.)

I'm neither FBI nor a sucker. I am fortunate to have lived a life that is not homogenous, and includes many friends of various backgrounds and religions, including Muslims.

And I think it's pretty well known that Thomas Jefferson was a deist or Unitarian.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:54:36 AM by Miss Mia » Logged

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

Don't Cry for Mohammad Hamdani Rep Keith Ellison
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/dont_cry_for_mohammad_hamdani.html

After the tragedy some people tried to smear his character solely because of his Islamic faith. Some people spread false rumors and speculated that he was in league with the attackers only because he was Muslim. It was only when his remains were identified that these lies were fully exposed.

How terrible! How bigoted! How politically incorrect!

And also, how absolutely wrong!

Ellison shed crocodile tears for a brilliant television sound bite effect--not truth. Matthew Shaffer of National Review reports on the real aftermath of Hamdani's death on September 11, 2001.

Six weeks after the September 11 attacks - before Hamdani's remains were identified, which Ellison implies to be the turning point of public perception - Congress signed the PATRIOT Act into law with this line included: "Many Arab Americans and Muslim Americans have acted heroically during the attacks on the United States, including Mohammed Salman Hamdani, a 23-year-old New Yorker of Pakistani descent, who is believed to have gone to the World Trade Center to offer rescue assistance and is now missing." That is, Hamdani was actually singled out for particular high honors among the thousands of victims of the September 11 attacks.

There's little evidence of the "rumors" of which Ellison speaks, either. Poke around yourself on Google.

(snip)

You'll discover two discordant sets of returns: none for sites and news reports accusing Hamdani of being a terrorist, and many thousands of pages honoring him as a hero while claiming that he was "widely accused" of being a terrorist.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 01:12:46 AM »

Ellison Was Right: Media Accounts Detailed Police Suspicions That Muslim Victim May Have Been Involved In The Attack

NY Post Asked If Hamdani Was "Missing -- or Hiding," Reported "The Hunt Is Still On," Cited Source Saying Hamdani Could Be "Up To Some Tricks."  From an October 12, 2001, New York Post article, headlined "Missing -- Or Hiding? -- Mystery Of NYPD Cadet From Pakistan":
-snip-

NY Times: "Absent Police Cadet Sought After Disappearance," Flier Circulating Among Police, Terrorist Task Force "Want To Talk To Him." From an October 12, 2001, New York Times article, headlined "Absent Police Cadet Sought After Disappearance":
-snip-

Ellison Was Right: Rumors Reportedly Swirled In Victim's Neighborhood And College Campus That He May Have Been Involved In Attack

Newsday: "Rumors That Proved To Be Unfounded Had Circulated Among His Bayside Neighbors." An April 6, 2002, Newsday article reported: "Rumors that proved to be unfounded had circulated among his Bayside neighbors after fliers were posted saying police wanted to question him in connection with the attacks. Police denied any knowledge of the fliers." [Newsday via Nexis, 5/6/02]

NY Times: "Unfounded Speculation" On Hamdani's Campus Questioned Whether Hamdani "'Fit The Profile' Of A Terrorist" From an October 29, 2001, New York Times column:
-snip-

Ellison Was Right: Media Reports That Rumors Were Ended For Good When His Body Was Found 

NY Times: With Discovery Of Hamdani's Body, "Now There Are No More Questions." From a March 25, 2002, New York Times column, headlined "A Son Lost, A Reputation Redeeded"
-snip-
http://mediamatters.org/research/201103110017

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 01:19:51 AM »

you pick the strangest places to make a stand.  the story is so hopelessly scrambled by now that it's almost impossible to put back together.

I am satisfied that ellison cited an incorrect story in his blubbering congressional testimony.  I have read enough from reliable sources to accept that as a fact.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email