[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 23, 2024, 12:30:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libya cuts off Internet service: network monitor  (Read 4657 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: February 19, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

Libya cuts off Internet service: network monitor
http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFN1915559020110219

LOS ANGELES Feb 19 (Reuters) - Internet service has been cut off in Libya as protesters step up demonstrations against longtime leader Muammar Gaddafi, according to a U.S. company that monitors Internet traffic.

Massachusetts-based Arbor Networks said data collected from 30 Internet providers around the world showed that online traffic in and out of Libya was disconnected abruptly at 7:15 p.m. EST on Friday (0015 GMT on Saturday).

The data also showed two partial service interruptions earlier in the day.

It was unclear if service was still unavailable.
-snip-

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

I have no particular affinity for libyans, but what is about to happen to them is truly scary.  there is only one reason to cut your country off in terms of communications with the rest of the world:  slaughter.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »

Libyan Opposition Warns of ‘Bloodbath,’ Calls for Intervention
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-19/libyan-opposition-warns-of-massacre-calls-for-intervention.html

Libyan protests demanding an end to the four-decade rule of Muammar Qaddafi may end in a “bloodbath” unless the international community intervenes, a leading member of an exiled opposition group said.

Libyan special security forces are preparing attacks on Benghazi and other cities in the eastern part of the country that have been taken over by protesters, Mohammed Ali Abdallah, deputy secretary general of the National Front for the Salvation of Libya, said in a telephone interview yesterday.

“We are expecting a massacre,” Ali Abdallah said. “We are sending an SOS to the international community to step in.” Without international efforts to hold back Qaddafi, “there were be a bloodbath in Libya in the next 48 hours.”

Demonstrators entered their fourth day of rallies against the regime, which has responded with “brutality and violence,” Ali Abdallah said. Government forces have killed at least 84 people in the unrest, Human Rights Watch said in a statement on its website.
-snip-

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:14:40 PM »

I have no particular affinity for libyans, but what is about to happen to them is truly scary.  there is only one reason to cut your country off in terms of communications with the rest of the world:  slaughter.

The population of Libya is about to be lowered.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »

significantly.

The population of Libya is about to be lowered.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 03:48:32 PM »

significantly.

They have a lot of desert for mass graves.

안녕하십니까
jafo2010

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »

This is the normal way of life in Islamic states.  To interfere will accomplish nothing, for suppose the protestors brought down teh Kaddafi government, he would only be replaced with another dictator, and that one could end up being every bit as bad.

PEOPLE OF THE USA ARE STUPID, FOR THEY SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ISLAM.  ONE OF THE BASIC TENETS OF ISLAM IS ONE RELIGION OF COURSE, BUT EQUALLY    .......   ONE LEADER.......

.....there is no getting around it.  We could occupy Iraq and Afghanistan for 200 years, and the moment we pull out, they would be jockeying to establish the one leader.  That is the nature of Islam....which is just as loony as Jim Jones or David Korresh!!!  Sadly, 1.3 billion people have submitted to the lunacy.  And numbers do not give credence to sanity, i.e. the Nazis in Germany, or Stalin in the USSR.

Let them find their own way....
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »

This is the normal way of life in Islamic states.  To interfere will accomplish nothing, for suppose the protestors brought down teh Kaddafi government, he would only be replaced with another dictator, and that one could end up being every bit as bad.

PEOPLE OF THE USA ARE STUPID, FOR THEY SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ISLAM.  ONE OF THE BASIC TENETS OF ISLAM IS ONE RELIGION OF COURSE, BUT EQUALLY    .......   ONE LEADER.......

.....there is no getting around it.  We could occupy Iraq and Afghanistan for 200 years, and the moment we pull out, they would be jockeying to establish the one leader.  That is the nature of Islam....which is just as loony as Jim Jones or David Korresh!!!  Sadly, 1.3 billion people have submitted to the lunacy.  And numbers do not give credence to sanity, i.e. the Nazis in Germany, or Stalin in the USSR.

Let them find their own way....
Sharia Law is what this is all about. How the left thinks they can get along with it is way beyond me.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Libya-Protests-Benghazi-Liberated-By-Soldiers-As-They-Defect-From-Gaddafis-Forces/Article/201102315937134?f=rss

There are reports that some Army units have defected and have taken control of Benghazi, this is HUGE if its true!

Speaking from Benghazi, a local man named Benali, told Sky News that members of the Libya's armed forces have defected and that anti-regime protesters are now in control of the city.

Habib al-Obaidi, who heads the intensive care unit at the main Al-Jalae hospital, appeared to confirm the reports, saying the "Thunderbolt" squad arrived at the hospital with soldiers who had been injured in clashes with Gaddafi's men.

"They are now saying that they have overpowered the Praetorian Guard and that they have joined the people's revolt," said Mr al-Obaidi

excerpted

안녕하십니까
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 04:24:54 PM »

Libyan representative to the Arab League has resigned in protest.

Reports say Libya rsembles a bloody battlefield.

Ghaddaffi imported troops from Niger and Chad to do his killing?.

안녕하십니까
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12520366

At least four separate anti-government protests have broken out in the Libyan capital for the first time, witnesses say.

Security forces have used live ammunition and tear gas in response, eyewitnesses in Tripoli say.

Libya has been hit by days of unrest, mostly focused in the east, where opposition to Col Muammar Gaddafi's rule is strongest.

Reports from the city of Benghazi say more than 200 people have died.

Protesters have been demanding an end to Col Gaddafi's four decades in power, after the success of similar rallies in Egypt and Tunisia.

excerpted...

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »

Is this all over TV today as well as Egypt was?
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

Is this all over TV today as well as Egypt was?

I don't think there are many reporters in Libya

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »

I don't think there are many reporters in Libya
OK duh! Makes sense now. Thanks
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

Here is a Daily Mail report with pictures and video included.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358761/Libya-protests-Mercenaries-order-200-die-violence.html

Libyan forces fired machine guns at mourners as they went to bury those killed in violent clashes today as the death toll topped 200.
At least 15 more people were killed today and there was bloodshed during funeral marches for the second day in a row.
A doctor in a hospital in the eastern city of Benghazi, where the worst of the violence has happened, said his morgue had at least 200 dead from six days of unrest - although the total death toll remains unknown.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358761/Libya-protests-Mercenaries-order-200-die-violence.html#ixzz1EXQIKmz3

안녕하십니까
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email