[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 08:01:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Israeli Defense Minister to Kerry: 'Leave Us in Peace'  (Read 511 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: January 14, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2014/January/Israeli-Defense-Minister-to-Kerry-Leave-Us-in-Peace/

JERUSALEM, Israel -- While U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry presses ahead with trying to create a Palestinian state by this spring, a senior Israeli government minister says Kerry doesn't know what he's talking about.

"The only thing that can 'save us' is for John Kerry to win a Nobel [Peace] Prize and leave us in peace," Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said.

Ya'alon made headlines Tuesday over remarks he reportedly made in private conversations both abroad and at home, according to the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot.

"Secretary of State John Kerry, who came here very determined and operates based on an unfathomable obsession and messianic feeling, cannot teach me anything about the Palestinians?I live and breathe the conflict with the Palestinians. I know what they think, what they want and what they really mean," said Ya'alon, himself a former Israel Defense Forces chief of staff.

In private conversations, Ya'alon reportedly called the security plan presented by U.S. Gen. (ret.) John Allen untenable for the Jewish state.

"The American security plan presented to us is not worth the paper it's written on," he said. "It contains no peace and no security. Only our continued presence in Judea and Samaria [the West Bank] and the Jordan River will guarantee that Ben Gurion Airport [Israel's main international airport] and [the northern coastal city] Netanya do not become targets for missiles from every direction."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email