[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 06:39:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So About that NYC Union Snow Removal Drama  (Read 1172 times)
Vonne

« on: January 30, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »

http://www.thenation.com/blog/158110/setting-story-straight-snow-slowdown

So... Um... Yeah, you caught us... We made it all up...

...That doesn't change the fact that unions are of da debil though!

:Smiley

Tis particularly sad when rhetoric, irrationality, and petty drama interject themselves into an honest discussion or review of an issue.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »

the union guys deny that there was a slowdown.  shocker.  and the article is so hostile to republicans that it smolders.  they may as well be honest, and say "the republican tea partying bastard that stepped out of hell and started this monstrous lie . . .  "

I have a couple of natural questions.  you knew I would, right? Grin

if there wasn't a slowdown last time, why was the city paralyzed for days?  and why did it work right this time?  and how much do unionized snow plow dudes cost the city?  and why are public employees feel the need to organize in the first place?  and why is that the problem of the citizens of new york?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:06:58 PM by JohnBrowdie » Logged

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Stan In FL

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »

for something that has been "thoroughly debunked", the feds are investigating.  sooner or later, that means eric holder, so I don't expect anything to come of it.

if it wasn't a work slowdown, than it was incompetence on a massive scale.  either way, the poor folks who have done nothing wrong other than decide to live in NYC deserve better.

our thread on this is here, by the way.
Stan In FL

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »

oh, and since this is NYC, the MSM thinks it is nationally significant.

new yorkers seem to think that everything that happens in NYC has national significance just because it happens in NYC.  it's pretty annoying.  it snowed on massive stretches of the country, and snow removal was a problem in lots of places.  there, however, it's a big story.

I guess new yorkers think that people in nebraska search breathlessly for weather news in NYC.  "OMG, mertha, it snowed in NYC!"

self important butt pirates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email