[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 17, 2024, 03:44:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Long Weekend!  (Read 1243 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: November 27, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

My brother that I don't see but every few years came in.  It was nice to see him.  He also brought his daughter who's 11.  She's a nice girl.

We did have one mishap with the turkey.  My mom bought this turkey fryer for this year.  And neither she nor my brother actually read the booklet the whole way through.  So they let the oil heat up like it was supposed to, and plopped in the turkey and the temperature dropped way down.  So they thought it wasn't going to cook all the way through, so they decided to leave it in the fryer longer.  And also, the amount of oil needed way just a little more than what my mom bought...so the breast wasn't covered.  So at some point we decided to try and flip the turkey so the breast would cook.  

And then my brother read the booklet again and said "oh it says when cooking a whole turkey the temp will drop."  So the breast was cooked nicely and the rest of it was like turkey jerky.  We all had a good laugh.  Besides, it's the sides that count anyways.  My mom made her corn bread dressing and dirty rice and I made green bean casserole and a fruit salad.  I was also in charge of desserts and we had a pumpkin pie and a homemade carrot cake.  Smiley

I came home after the Cowboys traffic died down, so I didn't even get stuck in that yesterday.  All in all, a good Thanksgiving.  

I am not shopping today.  I hate crowds and I would have to be truly desperate for something to go to the stores today, and I have yet to find that level of desperation.  I'm going to clean house a bit today.  Tomorrow I'm going to my SIL's parents house.  The family is going to a Christmas parade or something and I'm going as well.  My oldest nephew is playing lacross now, so I need to ask him all about that. 

Sunday supposedly my dad is coming over to help fix my toilet.  It just dribbles while filing the tank, and he "knows" how to fix it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:27:05 PM by Miss Mia » Logged

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »

I don't want to go back to Texas.  Embarrassed

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »

That must mean your vacation in Seattle was a success!

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 03:31:37 AM »

That must mean your vacation in Seattle was a success!

It was good. Rocky start since Kristin got a mild case of food poisoning on Tuesday night that almost caused us to cancel. But it all worked out in the end, and I can't wait to move back.

Squeezer

"America...F*** yeah!"

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

That's hilarious about the turkey fryer...I failed my fried turkey attempt too this year, and it was like my 4th or 5th time using the fryer.  So MY story is that I started the gas before I had poured the oil this time, and the open flame somehow caught the hose to the gas tank...and it caught fire.  I had to go grab a towel to cover my hand while I turned off the gas, so apparently the hose had a leak.  Needless to say, it was melted beyond use, and I was T-2 hours before 20+ people were gonna show up for my Thanksgiving party.  So I took the turkey, cut it into pieces, and threw it in the oven, hoping it would come out in time.  And sure enough, most people showed up about an hour late anyway, so by the time everyone had come, the turkey was done!  Not my world-famous fried turkey, but a very tasty bird nonetheless.  And now I have a metric sh!t-ton of leftovers at my house, cuz everyone brought a dish and NO one took their stuff home.   I've got lots of ham and bread if anyone wants to come over! :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email