[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 17, 2024, 04:18:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beautiful Spring Weekend  (Read 3399 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: March 19, 2011, 11:06:37 AM »

I have a few goals for today.  First, I have to finish straightening up my house.  My dad's coming over later to help me install my new heavy-duty mailbox, and his girlfriend is coming along.  She's never been to my house, so I'm going to make it somewhat presentable.  lol 

I also plan to read a bit for school this weekend.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »

I have 18 books on my coffee table.  I need more bookcases badly.   Grin

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »

New mailbox is up.  I also put down soaker hoses around my house today too.  And I kinda straightened up my house.

Saturday = productive.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »

I ate a big lunch. Still waiting for my friend Tori to call me so we can hang out. Other than that, just been texting back and forth with a girl I've been talking to for about a week and watching TV.

Today is Purim, so I'm going to be getting my drank on in a serious way at some point...

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »

Tell me about Purim.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »

Tell me about Purim.

It's a celebration of the events of the Book of Esther when the Jews in Persia escaped massacre at the hands of Haman through the actions of the Persian-Jewish queen Esther and her uncle Mordecai. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Esther

It's probably the most "celebratory" of the Jewish holidays. Pretty much every restriction is lowered today. Eating, drinking, drinking, drinking (noticing a trend...), joking, stories, more eating, dressing in costume and giving food and drinks to others. Unfortunately I'm in Podunk, East Texas until tomorrow, but I've got a bottle of vodka and a 12 pack of coke to do my own celebration tonight. All my friends in Denton are getting to go out though...

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »

Sounds like you'll still be able to "celebrate" it well.  Smiley

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 07:07:41 PM »

it was mid 80's here today. 

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 07:09:35 PM »

it was mid 80's here today. 

It's currently 81 outside.  Not too bad for putting up a mailbox.  Smiley

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »

Sounds like you'll still be able to "celebrate" it well.  Smiley

Yup.  Grin

Vonne

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »

It's a celebration of the events of the Book of Esther when the Jews in Persia escaped massacre at the hands

Interesting, I've never heard of that holiday before.

Mid eighties people?  It might have hit 60 here today and I was THRILLED with that!  I spent most of the day at work.  Once the relatively-beautiful weather receded, I went and looked at some golf clubs, than headed home, picking up a video from Blockbuster on the way.  Now it's time to relax.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »

Interesting, I've never heard of that holiday before.

Mid eighties people?  It might have hit 60 here today and I was THRILLED with that!  I spent most of the day at work.  Once the relatively-beautiful weather receded, I went and looked at some golf clubs, than headed home, picking up a video from Blockbuster on the way.  Now it's time to relax.

What video?

Vonne

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »

What video?

Due Date!

I was at a loss, couldn't it find anything else even interesting.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:46 PM »

Due Date!

I was at a loss, couldn't it find anything else even interesting.

I have not seen that one, tell me if it's any good.

Vonne

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »

Certainly! 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email