[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 17, 2024, 03:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Affleck on Republican Actors: 'I Probably Wouldn?t Like This Person If I Met  (Read 514 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: December 09, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

Ben Affleck on Republican Actors: 'I Probably Wouldn?t Like This Person If I Met Him'

Just how much do many Hollywood liberals hate conservatives?

In an interview with Playboy, Ben Affleck said, "When I watch a guy [on film] I know is a big Republican, part of me thinks, I probably wouldn?t like this person if I met him":

PLAYBOY: You developed a political profile campaigning for presidential candidates Al Gore, John Kerry and Barack Obama. How did that come about?

AFFLECK: I grew up in a house with a mother who was a teacher and a Freedom Rider?very left-wing Democrats living in a heterogeneous working-class neighborhood. I picked up a lot of those values there, and I brought them with me when I showed up in Hollywood. In 2000 the Gore campaign said, ?Hey, would you come do this with us?? And I did. I thought I had a responsibility, so I campaigned for Gore. Kerry was a Boston guy, and I felt an organic connection. And then Obama in 2008. Over time I became disillusioned, mostly with the pernicious effect of money in politics. I realized it was about raising $56,000 through a couple of dinners and those bundlers who bring in $1 million or $2 million. Those people are dedicated, and they believe in what they?re doing. I believe in why many of them are doing it. What I don?t believe in is that we now have the need to do it. And for me personally, it started to feel gross.

PLAYBOY: What part?

AFFLECK: Being used as a prop to schmooze people and try to milk the teat of the donor for money. We?d do it sparingly. Matt and I did a thing for Elizabeth Warren, whom we like and who won. We did a fund-raiser for Cory Booker, whom we also like. People now know me as a Democrat, and that will always be the case to some extent.

PLAYBOY: Does that polarize viewers?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/09/ben-affleck-republican-actors-i-probably-wouldn-t-person-if-i-met-him

Memo to Ben.....a sure way to poison a new movie of yours it this way. He is going to be the new Batman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email