[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 17, 2024, 07:06:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reward offered in North Arlington rock salt heist; 75 tons stolen  (Read 1206 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: February 12, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »

Reward offered in North Arlington rock salt heist; 75 tons stolen

NORTH ARLINGTON — The borough offered a reward on Friday to anyone who can help police find who stole 75 tons of rock salt from a public works garage as the December blizzard descended upon the area.

Department of Public Works Superintendent Jim McCabe noticed half of the stockpile missing from a cone-shaped storage shed on Disposal Road as the blizzard of Dec. 26 was just getting started, Police Capt. John Hearn said.

McCabe valued the missing salt at $4,800 based upon the $62-per-ton price at which it was bought, Hearn said.

Detectives could not find any surveillance cameras or witnesses. The theft had to involve at least one large dump truck, but it was unclear exactly how the haul took place, he said.

“Whoever took it probably used it,” he said.
-snip-

How, just how do you steal that much without anyone noticing?  Huh?

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »

check adjoining counties for missing popcorn.  and butter. 

srsly, that is an awful lot of salt to just go missing.  hey, maybe they sold it to the crooks that manage the roads in cuyahoga county for $10 million.  (see the schumer/salt thread)

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »

srsly, that is an awful lot of salt to just go missing.  hey, maybe they sold it to the crooks that manage the roads in cuyahoga county for $10 million.  (see the schumer/salt thread)

That's exactly what I was thinking.   Cheesy

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »

Some government agency probably came and helped themselves....

It's just sitting there and a desperate city worker comes by.... and sees a passerby... who agrees to sell the salt. lol.

Wouldn't you be at least a little tempted?

Tongue

안녕하십니까
Vonne

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »

Municipal salt thefts aren't unheard of, up in ye ol wintery north.  They're often nearly open piles off of streets, protected only by a padlock and chain blocking the driveway.  Last year there was even a salt shortage leading to quite a few thefts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email