[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 08:11:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Walker files papers to run for president  (Read 469 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: July 02, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/scott-walker-set-to-file-papers-to-run-for-president-today-b99531061z1-311437521.html

Gov. Scott Walker is making it official that he is running for president ? sort of.

Wisconsin's Republican governor filed papers with the Federal Election Commission Thursday "after hearing from countless Americans" during his testing the waters stage, an aide said.

"While I have not yet announced whether I will be a candidate for President of the United States, I have received contributions of more than $5,000 within the last 15 days," Walker wrote in a Thursday letter to the FEC. "Should I formally announce, I will seek the Republican nomination for the office of President of the United States in the 2016 election."

Rather than filing what's known as a "statement of candidacy," he instead filed a "statement of organization" for a committee named Scott Walker Inc, which listed its address as a P.O. box in Middleton. Kate Lind, who has previously served as treasurer for Friends of Scott Walker, is listed as the treasurer in the FEC filing.

Walker is set to make his formal announcement in Waukesha on July 13, a date first reported by Daniel Bice of the Journal Sentinel.

Walker is also expected to provide a glimpse at the first of nine pieces of the Walker for president logo Thursday night on Instagram, with a new piece being revealed each day.

Walker has for months been stepping up his travel around the country and internationally, and hiring political staff members, before his 2016 bid.

Walker's plans to file Thursday were first reported by Politico.

He is set to join an already crowded 2016 GOP field. Walker would be the 15th major candidate seeking the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. Others include former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, U.S. Sen. Marco
Stan In FL

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »

this is our guy.  he implemented a conservative agenda in a blue state, and he won election after election after election with national union and liberal organizations trying their very best to destroy him.  he has accomplished things.  ted cruz talks a lot.  he says the right things, but we need a guy that has done the right things.  TC reminds me of the president guy in dead zone.  I keep expecting his to snatch a little boy out of the crowd.

carly impresses me every time she opens her mouth.
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »

Walker is indeed a good candidate.  I like John Kasich more, but they are both excellent candidates.

You are right about Ted Cruz.  He talks a lot, but has not accomplished much.  Again, this is the difference between a governor, someone in the executive branch of government, and someone in the legislature.  Governors make decisions virtually every day that impact the citizens within their state.

Again, this is why I believe strongly we need a major amendment to the Constitution as it pertains to many things, but we need new requirements for president.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email