[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 11:25:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Senate Votes Down the Repeal of the Health Care Law  (Read 3482 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 11:17:59 PM »

listening to the democrats justify obamacare on the basis of people with preexisting conditions that can't get insurance, that it turns out, virtually don't exist, and 26 year olds (that don't want health insurance in the first place) on their parent's policies (who don't want them there) is so absurd that it has become funny. 

the constitutionality of the individual mandate, and the 1099 requirement are all perversities of this ridiculous law that were unknown to even the people who voted for the damn thing, because ReBamaLosi forced a vote without letting anyone even read the sinister piece of paper despotism.

every dem senator that protects this bill endangers their future as a senator.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 09:12:21 AM »

I'll go one further.  The continued behavior of federal elected officials to show total disregard to the desires and sentiment of the populace will ultimately result in revolution when coupled with one or more other events.

What is taking place in Egypt may be a precursor to what will happen here in the USA.  On the news the other evening, there was a report that the stores have empty shelves....little to no food.  Nothing like an empty belly to have people in the streets rioting and wanting to tear down the government.

Don't think for a moment it could not happen here in the USA.  Imagine no food on the shelves.  Do you think the people in the lovely metropolis of Washington, DC would be in the streets wanting heads?  You better believe it.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »

the 1099 provision wasn't about revenue, it was about control.  and if the central government can't have control, then they will go with punishing oil companies for no reason.

Democrats however, see the need elsewhere to make up for the potential $17 Billion this requirement would have brought in yearly taxes to pay for Healthcare, and already Senators like Carl Levin of Michigan are presenting amendments to place an additional tax on oil companies to make up for the potentially lost revenue.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
natstew

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »

Oil companies don't pay taxes, they pass them on to the people in higher prices. When a politician threatens to tax oil companies, he's really threatening the voters with higher gas prices.

Carl Levin knows that. How this embicile gets re-elected over and over baffles me.
jafo2010

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »

Unfortunately, the Demoncratic voters just do not understand the concept of the Demoncratic Party's intent to tax them to death.
#1 BRAT

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »

Does anyone have a list of how each person voted on this issue?  I know that our Senator voted it down, but I'd like to see them all.  This would have a great baring on how I'm voting in 2012.  In the mean time I'll keep looking for the voting records on this.  Thanks
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »

R's voted to repeal

D's didn't

안녕하십니까
#1 BRAT

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »

R's voted to repeal

D's didn't
So it was straight across Party lines.  Thanks I was trying to find it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email