[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 11:36:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to Mass Shootings  (Read 2454 times)
jafo2010

« on: February 16, 2018, 04:24:58 PM »

25 mass shootings at schools, and the deplorable Congress does nothing.  No surprise really.  Most members of Congress only know how to do one thing well, and that is line their pockets with gold.  Beyond that, nothing else matters.

But I have a solution for mass shootings, or multiple steps to be taken to reduce mass shootings.  But before I get into that, I would like to mention the following.  Many years ago, I was a sales rep. sales manager and broker in the investment/insurance industry.  Subsequent to the Mike Miliken and Ivan Boesky abuses within the investment arena, I was as well as everyone licensed in the securities arena subjected to taking a test every year or every other year to verify I/we understand the laws as specified regarding sucurities, etc.  I had to pay a fee at a testing center to take the test.  I could not function in the industry without it.

Well, I think it is time for all gun owners of guns not designated for hunting and home protection to do something similar.  Everyone that owns a gun that is semi automatic not intended for hunting, i.e AR-15s, should be required to take this test.  And the test should have questions that check the sanity of the test taker.  Any answers that are suspect would result in the immediate confiscation and potential detention of those that fail the exam.  

With all the above remedies, there is no denial of ownership above age 21 unless you are questionable regarding mental stability.  The 2nd Amendment remains intact.  And it creates a means for generating additional revenue for the government.  

Also, all of America has to be 21 to consume alcohol, or to purchase alcohol.  I believe age 21 should be applied to all wanting to purchase any semi automatic weapon.  I pay title fees, license fees, inspection fees to own and operate a vehicle.  It is time gun owners of certain weapons, i.e. semi automatic weapons, be faced with the same.

Again, all this can be done with no infringement upon the 2nd amendment.  It would still allow those under 21 to hunt, to target shoot, etc, but not own or use semi automatic weapons.

And finally, I believe it should be fazed in that all school have armed security, and use metal detectors for all that enter school property.  Having been a member of a community school board, I can tell you that students bringing weapons on school property are kept quiet from the public.  The area I lived in had many quality school districts, all of them, including the one I was a member of had kids bringing guns to school EVERY YEAR, but it was all kept quiet.  The media, the public NEVER got word one about it in these wealthier communities.  It happened every year in the district I was in, and we were fortunate that some student came to the administration, teacher, etc and indicated that such and such brought this weapon or that, and police authorities were called in immediately without incident.

THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS IN THE COUNTRY, ALMOST NO EXCEPTION EVERY YEAR.

Our only solution was to QUIETLY expel the kid, and send him(always males BTW) to a school, at the school district's great expense, intended for kids that were problem kids.

Another ESSENTIAL step is to require to report to the FBI every kid found bringing a weapon to school, and make it a criminal offense not to report the offense to the FBI.  Like I said, we had at least one gun incident every year I was on the board, and multiple knife incidents.  Our school policy was quite clear.  Each student signed a document each year describing the policy, and that we had a zero tolerance policy, any infraction was met with being expelled.  And the finest school districts in the Pittsburgh metro had the same experiences and outcomes.  It was all kept quiet.

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith emotionally Lists all 25 Fatal School Shootings since Columbine

Fox News host Shepard Smith, as he was anchoring coverage of the high school massacre in Parkland, Fla., in which at least 17 were killed, emotionally listed every fatal U.S. school shooting since Columbine in 1999.

"Since Columbine in 1999, there have been 25 fatal, active school shootings at elementary and high schools in America," he told viewers on Wednesday. He then read the years and locations of each incident, making particular note of the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in which 20 young children and six adults were killed.

"And just today, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County, Florida, in the town of Parkland. ? The 25th fatal school shooting since Columbine High School in America."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/15/fox-news-anchor-shepard-smith-emotionally-lists-all-25-fatal-school-shootings-since-columbine/340108002/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:11:18 PM by jafo2010 » Logged
PzLdr

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »

[1] In New York, everyone who legally purchased an AR-15 back in the day, was required to register that gun with the State Police [and forbidden from using it for ANY purpose]. they estimate 95% of "assault gun" owners never did. Technically, they're all felons now [plus being a felon for every 10 + round magazine they own. so I don't think they'll be taking your test

[2] AR's can be used for target shooting [They've taken over at Camp Perry - highly accurate], home defense, and hunting. So under your rationale, NO AR owner has to take your test.

[3] Every gun owner  I know would ask 'Who grades the test?'. As Joe Stain said, 'It's who counts the votes'. Aside from giving the government another list of where the ARs are, what happens if THEY decide you've failed the test? You might trust them to mark it fairly. gun owners have no reason to.

And the government can talk to gun owners about their guns, right after they talk to all those "Women's Health" thugs, who've murdered 60 million unborn human beings. If their deaths are a crime we must bear to protect a 'constitutional right' to abortion, then, why the hue and cry, when far fewer school kids get killed, to limit my rights under the 2d amendment?

You can get more with a smile, a handshake and a gun than you can with a smile and a handshake - Al Capone
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 11:34:37 PM »

First off, on abortion, I consider it mass genocide.  I do not care that five idiots seated on the Supreme Court ruled that genocide should be legal, it should be brought to an end ASAP.  It is just one of the factors destroying our country.

And in regard to the AR-15, I used that as an example.  I did not know it is used for hunting, so to clarify, any semi automatic weapon should require licensing and a test of sorts along the line I suggested.  I am not suggesting they should not be on the market, or prohibited from ownership, but if you want to own one, you jump through some hoops to own one.

They just announced on TV that the Supreme Court might rule on the legitimacy of DACA.  Again, like abortion, they have no business ruling on this.  Congress has not made a decision, so there is nothing to rule on.  And if they are going to say they have the RIGHT to remain, then I say we need serious changes to a Constitution that usurps the other branches of government.  Frankly, lawyers have done a fine job of destroying America too.  If Trump wanted to order ICE to deport every illegal alien, he should have the power to do that.

But doing nothing in regard to these mass shootings is wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email