[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 11:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Has Reporter Jorge Ramos Physically Removed  (Read 483 times)
jafo2010

« on: August 26, 2015, 12:14:12 AM »

At a press conference on Tuesday(packed with an estimated 4,000 people), Donald Trump was being badgered by reporter Jorge Ramos(from Univision) with comments, and Trump told him to sit down, he did not recognize him.  Ramos continued to badger Trump, and Trump told him to go back to Univision.  As Ramos was unrelenting, Trump signaled one of his security detail to remove the guy from the room.

When other reporters began to complain, he allowed him back in the room.

This is a potential weakness for Trump that the media will exploit.  The media is rotten most of the time, but when you attack one of their own, they are vicious.  First Megyn Kelly, now this Spanish reporter.  Trump better understand the media and their role, and tone it down a little, otherwise the media will do everything they can to bury him.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »

Jorge Ramos: Donald Trump ?Absolutely? Gave the Order to Eject Me From Press Conference

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jorge-ramos-donald-trump-absolutely-gave-order-eject/story?id=33325669

News anchor Jorge Ramos, who works for Univision and Fusion, was thrown out of a press conference with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in Iowa Tuesday night after trying to ask questions about immigration.

"You haven't been called...go back to Univision," Trump told Ramos before a security guard forcibly removed him. (Ramos later returned and was able to pose questions to Trump).

Jorge Ramos back in asking Trump about immigration... "good to have you back" pic.twitter.com/KdYW3ud0p0
    ? John Santucci (@JTSantucci) August 25, 2015

"We'd love for Mr. Trump to sit down for an in-depth interview with Jorge to talk about the specifics of his proposals," Isaac Lee, CEO of Fusion -- ABC's sister network -- and President of News for Univision, said in a statement.

Wednesday morning ABC?s George Stephanopoulos asked Ramos on ?Good Morning America? about the altercation and what happens next. Below is a Q&A with Ramos, edited for length:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Is this what you were expecting from Trump?

RAMOS: "What I would expect is that I can ask a question as a journalist because that?s our responsibility and I would expect Mr. Trump to answer honestly about what he really wants to do because he hasn?t given us specifics. I saw your show on Sunday. You pushed him on how he?s
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »

Jorge Ramos: My 'right' to talk over other reporters and ask Trump grandstanding questions was trampled

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/26/jorge-ramos-my-right-to-talk-over-other-reporters-and-ask-trump-grandstanding-questions-was-trampled/

Is that headline not a fair characterization of what he?s saying here? In what sense was his ?right? to question Trump at that moment any greater than any other reporter?s? He says at one point in passing in the clip below, ?I thought it was my turn,? but that?s obviously not true. Go watch the video from last night if you haven?t seen it already. Ramos starts speaking as Trump is stepping to the mic, before Trump can so much as look at him. Trump calls on another reporter and Ramos just keeps going.

What he wants to say is that he thought he had a greater moral right to question Trump. He?s an activist. Unlike the other reporters in the room, he was there to push a cause and wanted to use Trump?s media megaphone to amplify it. When you?re speaking open-borders ?truth? to security power, your righteous urgency leaves no room for professional courtesy. And now he?s a free-speech martyr, all because Trump wouldn?t stand there and be heckled at length ? even though he did eventually let Ramos back in for a little heckling and counter-heckling.

Ramos said that the use of force to ?suppress freedom of expression? worried him. He also defended his aggressive approach at the press conference?

In an interview with ABC, Ramos said that another responsibility of being a journalist is to ?denounce? the ?dangerous words and extreme behavior of Donald Trump.??

?I think the best journalism happens when you take a stand, and when it comes to racism, discrimination, corruption, public life, dictatorship or human rights, as journalists, we are not only required but we are forced to take a stand, and clearly when Mr. Trump is talking about immigration in an extreme way, we have to confront him, and I think that?s what I did yesterday,? he said.

Why Trump has a responsibility to answer questions from a guy who finds him so ?dangerous? as to supposedly warrant denunciation from the wider, supposedly impartial media, I have no idea. Jim Geraghty notes that last week Ramos called Trump ?the loudest voice of intolerance, hatred and division in the United States.? The day liberals decide that Obama or Hillary Clinton is

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:00:01 PM by apples » Logged
jafo2010

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »

Ramos is a Clinton shill, there to embarrass any competition.  His daughter works for Clinton.  The links between Univision and the Clintons are strong.

Trump should have thrown him out and kept him out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email