[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 25, 2024, 04:38:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "All Season long" baseball thread . . . .  (Read 37968 times)
Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 09:51:13 PM »

Manny got thrown out by PMSing john hirschbeck, who hit him with two called strike threes that were a good 3 inches off the plate.  I sh*t you not.  all bias aside, it was criminal what hirschbeck did to manny ramirez tonight.

and even at that, manny STILL went 2-4 with 3 RBIs. 

Wretched Excess

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »

I'm now imagining you banging your head on the coffee table damning the world to hell. 

Cheesy

I did turn the sound off for half of the inning until the "sh_t out of luck" dude wasn't in my TV anymore.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »

Manny got thrown out by PMSing john hirschbeck, who hit him with two called strike threes that were a good 3 inches off the plate.  I sh*t you not.  all bias aside, it was criminal what hirschbeck did to manny ramirez tonight.

and even at that, manny STILL went 2-4 with 3 RBIs. 

Cause he's just the sh*t.  Smiley

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »

Cause he's just the sh*t.  Smiley

I have watched all four games since manny returned, and I have been struck by how much he is NOT being booed.  performance enhancing drugs is a hot button topic;  many people equate taking PEDs to intentionally trying to destroy the game.

the non-Dodger fans don't seem to give a damn.  or, more accurately, they don't seem to dislike him any more intensely than they already did.  even in NY, the home of incivility, there was a smattering of boos, but I was surprised at how bad it wasn't.  in fact, the mets fans booed their own team much more lustily than they booed ramirez  (In SD, the padres fans were nearly outnumbered by dodgers fans, so it was difficult to tell what they were doing).  In fact, that was the story line in the NY press to a large extent; "Mets get booed louder than Ramirez".

and while the fans may not be moved to violence by manny's PED transgression, the same can't be said for the media.  even taking into account the extreme east coast bias that hits you in the face like a tsunami whenever the dodgers play in NY, their fixation on ramirez infraction seemed to just stoke their vitriol.  the NY print media was simply unreadable this morning.  it was as though the entire city woke up in the sand box this morning yelling "who cares if the dodgers won?  manny cheated!  you guys suck!" and ran home.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 10:48:07 PM »

I read an interesting article in Sports Illustrated on Manny, they were discussing how it could not be regular steroids but another drug for possibly a condition that he didn't want people to know about..like low sperm count. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 10:55:41 PM »

LA beats the mets 11-2, and wins the series.  and LA is the first team this season to achieve a run differential of over 100.

bob costas (who is a huge wussy anyway) spent the entire night on the MLB network atop his soapbox decrying manny's PED transgression.  he even criticized the NY fans, albeit gently, for not booing louder.  dude, manny is reinstated.  f*cking deal with it.

I guess we won't be hearing about how the dodgers' success is suspect since they play in the NL west, which the east coast media (especially) loves to call "the weakest division in baseball".  at the moment, at least, the NL west is probably the best division in the NL.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

I read an interesting article in Sports Illustrated on Manny, they were discussing how it could not be regular steroids but another drug for possibly a condition that he didn't want people to know about..like low sperm count. 

I read the same article.  I got an SI subscription (that I didn't really want) when I bought the baseball TV package last season, and the gawddam thing just never seems to end.  or it auto-renews.  I don't really know, now that I think about it.  Huh?

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

I read the same article.  I got an SI subscription (that I didn't really want) when I bought the baseball TV package last season, and the gawddam thing just never seems to end.  or it auto-renews.  I don't really know, now that I think about it.  Huh?

I had a friend that stopped paying for a magazine two years ago and they just now stopped sending it to her.  That never happens to me.  I'm sad cause my subscription to the Texas Observer is over and I don't have funds to renew it right now.  Or I'd like to start getting National Geographic again.  Yes, yes, I'm a nerd.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »

Tim Lincecum has a no hitter going in the sixth.  two walks, so it's not a perfect game . . .
Wretched Excess

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 12:00:49 AM »

so, this reliever was the pitcher of record when the game was suspended on may 5. he was traded on june 30. his former team came back to win in the bottom of the same inning when play was resumed tonight to earn him the win.

the cool thing about baseball is that every day, you can see something that has never happened before.

I saw darren dreifort strike out 4 batters in an inning once. 

Hanrahan earns win after trade as Nationals finish off Astros

HOUSTON -- An error by Miguel Tejada in the 11th inning made former Nationals reliever Joel Hanrahan a winner Thursday night as Washington beat the Houston Astros 11-10 in the completion of a suspended game.

Hanrahan was traded by the Nationals on June 30 to the Pittsburgh Pirates as part of a deal for Nyjer Morgan, who scored the winning run Thursday. Hanrahan was pitching for the Nationals when the game was suspended by rain in Washington on May 5. He earned his first win of the season and is 1-3 overall. He would have been 1-1 if he won on May 5.

More

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:29:30 PM by Wretched Excess » Logged
Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 12:03:42 AM »

Tim Lincecum has a no hitter going in the sixth.  two walks, so it's not a perfect game . . .

heh.  I no more posted this than lincecum gave up 2 runs on 3 hits. 
Wretched Excess

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 12:10:22 AM »

heh.  I no more posted this than lincecum gave up 2 runs on 3 hits. 

wow.  lincecum fell apart completely in the 7th.  they pulled him with the bases loaded and 2 out.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »

GRAND SLAM by matt kemp!!

Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »

the dodgers won in extra innings last night, but lose 6-3 tonight.

check out the final out from WE's favorite dodger, matt kemp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH83YoA7Z_M
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 10:36:11 PM »

WOW!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email