[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 02:25:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "All Season long" baseball thread . . . .  (Read 37764 times)
Wretched Excess

« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2009, 01:05:14 AM »

I hope thome can pitch short relief. :Smiley  the dodger bullpen just semi-exploded at home against the dbacks.  in fact, they are still exploding. Embarrassed
Wretched Excess

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »

matt kemp hit a home run in the first, and bunted for a base hit in his next at bat.  of course, torre couldn't resist the urge to go rummaging through his bullpen (the same guys that blew the ****ing game last night), so it's another agonizing goddam thing to watch.

and, I'm sorry to say it, but while I have always liked the dbacks, their play-by-play guy is just teh ghey.  I have met less hysterical three year old girls.  in fact, most three year old girls are less hysterical than this guy.  case in point, someone brought a radio controlled airplace to the ballpark, and was flying it around in the 6th inning.  it delayed the game for a few minutes.  I thought it was actually sort of amusing, but the 3 year year old pay-by-play guy/hysterical little girl wet his dress.   the model plane flying around was much less annoying that listening to him lose his sh*t over it.

if that guy has kids, they are ****ing traumatized.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »

peter gammons finally gets with the program.  the NL west is the class of the NL

NL West is better than you might think

Two years ago, four of the five teams in the NL West had better than .500 records, and the Rockies and Diamondbacks played in the NLCS. This season, the Dodgers went into Saturday tied with the Cardinals for the best record in the National League and either the Rockies or Giants appear headed for the wild-card role in the National League playoffs.

On Saturday morning, only the Cardinals, Dodgers and Phillies had won more games than the Rockies and Giants. Yet, there is this the perception that somehow the National League West is some remote wilderness somewhere between the Pacific Coast League and the Alaskan League. Oh, sure, Vicente Padilla and Brad Penny can jump off the Morgan Memorial trucks and throw gems, but it is a division predominated by the three California pitchers' parks that make it such a pitchers' division.

More
Wretched Excess

« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »

c'mon, jen.  the dbacks couldn't do better against the rockies that that?
Wretched Excess

« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »

what a messed up game last night.  LA phoned it in until 2 out in the 8th, when 5 straight base hits -- dinkers, dunkers, and squib base hits is more accurate -- turned a 4-1 deficit into a 5-4 dodgers lead.

and the odd part is that the dbacks broadcasting crew called it before it happened.  they were talking about avoiding an 8th inning meltdown from the 6th inning on, and the need to "shake things up".  they even switched roles in the booth, with grace doing the play-by-play and the guy that screams like a 2 year old girl doing the color commentary/analysis.  I don't know if they consider the 8th inning problems to be strictly a dodger thing, or something that has started happening lately, because I was using the mute button a lot (I really, really dislike their play-by-play guy).  but it was earily prescient.

tim lincecum has a strained back -- little wonder with his seriously unurthadox delivery -- and is being scratched from his next start.  his status is the dreaded "day-to-day".  if he's out for any length of time, that changes everything in the NL west and the wild card.

I assume that he will only miss starts against the rockies, and pitch like cy young against LA.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2009, 01:39:57 AM »

been keeping quiet.  I hate the end of the season.  I don't think the NL west is done yet being dramatic.  LA ends the season at home against CO, but spends the nine games before that on the road (in the nl east, no less) against DC and PIT.  the rox are mostly at home during the last two weeks, but StL will be there, so that will be no fun.

and SF is just SF.  and if there is anything worse than seeing lincecum, cain, and zito in the same series, it's probably seeing two of those three and penny in the same series.  LA is at home against SF (sanchez, penny, lincecum) starting friday.

plenty of angst is in store for the fans of all three teams before it's all over.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »

. . . and down the stretch they come.  this is my least favorite part of the season;  the last two weeks always make me suicidal.

the last 10 games of the season are pretty much the reason they play the first 150. 
Wretched Excess

« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2009, 01:46:12 AM »

I have been afraid to say anything, lest the baseball gods seek revenge. Lips Sealed

LA was seriously NOT good down the stretch, (5 game losing streak against pitt-pitt-sd-sd-rox) before they finally won the game that clinched the NL west.  and drawing the cards rather than the phils (since the wild card came out of the same division as LA) may or may not have been a worse deal than it would have been without the ridiculous wild card excpetion.  whateverI wasn't looking forward to facing carpenter and wainright, and was more than a little surprised that the dodgers got to carpenter early tonight.

god, I hate this game.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »

any team that wins a game because a sinking line drive hits the left fielder in the nutz has to have someting going for them. Grin
jendf

« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »

Hey, WE! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Just wanted to congratulate you on your Dodgers making the post-season.

Maybe next year for me D-backs.  :Smiley
Wretched Excess

« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2009, 11:14:26 PM »

Hey, WE! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Just wanted to congratulate you on your Dodgers making the post-season.

Maybe next year for me D-backs.  :Smiley

the Dbacks should have been there.  injuries killed a very good team.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »

it's a sweep.  holy crap.  I never expected a sweep.  if we get the phils in the NLCS, we owe them. 
Wretched Excess

« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »

the rockies aren't going away in denver right now . . . they just scored 3 in the 8th to take the lead 4-3.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »

never mind.  the phillies just clinched a trip to the NLCS.  God knows it has got to be warmer in LA than denver.
jendf

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »

Man, WE, I thought the Dodgers were going to pull that out last night.

What do you think? A 7-game series?

In terms of entertainment factor, I'm really kind of hoping for Dodgers/Yankees WS. I can't stand either team but the stories that will come from a series like that would be EPIC.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email