[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 12:10:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southern Miss Falls 7-6 to #1 Texas in CWS  (Read 3116 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: June 15, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »

what a gut ripping game.  southern miss came back against the #1 team in the country twice.  but, pitching depth, the reason that kept them from being
able to close the deal last night, is going to make life in the loser's bracket very, very difficult.

Texas walks away with wild win over Southern Miss

OMAHA, Neb. -- It almost didn't seem right, celebrating. Texas coach Augie Garrido repeatedly said late Sunday night that he loved Southern Mississippi's fight, and the Golden Eagles' gumption. Both teams hated the way the game ended.

Southern Miss came tantalizingly close to knocking off the No. 1-seeded Longhorns, but walked three batters and hit another one in the ninth inning of a 7-6 loss at the College World Series. The gathering at home plate was rather subdued at the end, after Brandon Loy worked a walk to plate the game-winning run, putting Texas in Tuesday night's winners' bracket game with Arizona State.

"The ending was not befitting the performance," Garrido said of Southern Miss, which walked six of the last 11 batters it faced. "Baseball's a cruel game. It's a brutal game. And for that one position to break down, it misrepresented the spirit of that team.

"Some nerves turned into fear, and eventually that was the demise of an otherwise very courageous team. So I need to say that just to acknowledge what went on out there. It was a hell of a baseball game."

Garrido's flowing praise, by the way, probably lasted longer than the entire Southern Miss postgame news conference. Coach Corky Palmer simply said that the Golden Eagles weren't nervous; they just didn't throw strikes at the end.

More[

Wretched Excess

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:47:06 AM »

I am going to play hooky this afternoon and watch the elimination game against north carolina.

God, I am such a homer. Cheesy
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »

Damn, I hate when the T-sips win anything.  Angry

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »

It took forever for me to figure out what website can I stream the audio from.  Stupid espn360.com

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »

we lost.  we need a cry smilie here.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »

What about a tear your hair out?

And from me to you

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email