[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 08:28:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the dodgers don't suck! or do suck. or something.  (Read 7804 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: June 06, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »

LA takes the first two games of the series from the second best team in baseball.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:49:47 AM by Wretched Excess » Logged
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:54:44 PM »

They've managed to do pretty well without Manny too.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »

i just hope pierre can keep it up until the end of july;   his trade value probably hasn't even been higher. 

jendf

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »

They will always suck, WE.  Grin

Yes, I just watched your home-opener. Yes, I might be a wee bit torqued about how things went today.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »

mixed bag.  four HRs in a game is good to see, but the bullpen was shaky (again).

before the dodgers home opener, they visited the pirates and marlins for their home openers . . . and they were just not very good.  in three games, the bullpen puked up late inning leads (7th, 9th, and 10th innings.  ask me how much THAT burned  Angry) for one run losses.  the fourth loss of the road trip was pirate blowout on opening day.

so, on one hand, I am sure that it's good for them to be home.  on the other hand, the dodgers are frozen in place until the owners' divorce works it's way through the courts.  so, for this season, we have everything we are going to get.  but on the bright side, none of your guys drilled any of our pitchers in the coconut with a screaming line drive.  Shocked so it coulda been worse.

we need a running baseball thread. Smiley  maybe we can change the title a bit and use this one. Wink

Jen, I was surfing around the league last week and was shocked to see that eric byrnes is a mariner!?!?!  Huh?  I somehow missed that news.  it's going to take a while to get used to that.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

did you stay up for that freaking marathon last night?  it was a four hour game before it went to extra innings.  :Smiley   

ugh.  what a roller coaster.  LA blew leads of 3-0 and 5-3, but still rallied to tie it in the ninth and put the winning run on 3rd . . . and   

most of the "experts" , by the way, pick LA to come in third behind the rox and Az.  well, fourth, if you count jamie mccourt's divorce attorneys. Angry

LA needed to win last night with haren going in the last game of the series.   oh, kuroda is pitching tonight.  please don't hurt him  Wink Grin

my favorite kid this season, blake dewitt, is probably about to lose his starting job to ronnie belliard.   he is hitting .200, although his OBP is nearly .500;  he can definitely work a count.  dewitt was talked about as LA's starting 2nd baseman last season, but they signed orlando hudson. 
Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »

for the second consecutive game, the dodgers had the winning run at third in the bottom of the ninth, and couldn't get it done.  Angry  the game was an odd conclusion to an even odder series.  I'm still not sure where either team stacks up in the grand scheme of the NL west.  I will probably have a better idea of that after the SF series. 

Az is definitely a good team.  I wish LA didn't have to face them 18 or 19 times this year.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:13:15 AM »

after the series against SF, I still don't think very much was revealed about the balance of power in the NL west.  LA had a blow out friday (although SF did manage to claw their way back at the end), got blown out saturday (when knuckleballers don't have it, they don't have it in a big way), and eeked one out sunday.

we will see what happens when LA plays the rockies.
jendf

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »

D-backs got off to a rocky start but seem to be finding a little mojo now. *knocks on wood* Our pitching situation still blows, however, and Hinch doesn't seem too concerned about it.  :-\
jendf

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:05 PM »

Jen, I was surfing around the league last week and was shocked to see that eric byrnes is a mariner!?!?!  Huh?  I somehow missed that news.  it's going to take a while to get used to that.

Oh, yeah. We cut him loose after last season. I believe the general reaction to this news by D-backs fans was DLTDHYOTWO.

Sitting on the DL with a $10 million contract didn't sit well with a lot of folks.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »

D-backs got off to a rocky start but seem to be finding a little mojo now. *knocks on wood* Our pitching situation still blows, however, and Hinch doesn't seem too concerned about it.  :-\

talk to me about sucky pitching.  :Smiley

but now LA can't even score a run.  we're in the cellar.  god, this is the suxxor. Angry
Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »

Oh, yeah. We cut him loose after last season. I believe the general reaction to this news by D-backs fans was DLTDHYOTWO.

Sitting on the DL with a $10 million contract didn't sit well with a lot of folks.

he is on a 1 year, $440K contract.  wow.

maybe he oughta give up running into walls, and stuff.  although I did notice him this week on a highlight reel fail to bowl over a catcher . . . .  Cool

Wretched Excess

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 07:58:37 PM »

AND he pulled his bat back during a suicide squeeze in the 11th last night in a game that the mariners lost in the 12th.

you don't miss a suicide squeeze.  you just don't.  you would think that the word "suicide" would indicate the urgency of making contact during that play . . .

bjandcj

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »

You   could always find better ways to spend your time, such as watching paint dry.  Baseball.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh..............boring!
Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »

blasphemy.  oh, wait . . . is there a 12 step program for baseball addicts? Grin

You   could always find better ways to spend your time, such as watching paint dry.  Baseball.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh..............boring!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email