[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 03:49:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramirez returns to Dodger Stadium on Thursday  (Read 2067 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: July 16, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »

this should be good.  the only downside is that the extra innings package will be broadcasting the astros
feed tonight;  this will be one of the nights that I watch TV, and listen to the streaming video on mlb.tv.

I certainly don't want to hear anyone but vin tonight.

Ramirez returns to Dodger Stadium on Thursday

He was cheered in San Diego, met with indifference in New York, and was the target of only one "Chea-ter!" chant in three days in Milwaukee.

The most high-profile player to be disciplined under baseball's drug policy, Manny Ramirez appeared increasingly nonchalant about what he called his "mistake" in the days leading up to the All-Star break, as he was overheard laughing and telling teammates, "I haven't been paid in 50 days!"

Today, Ramirez will return to Dodger Stadium, where he expects the fans who fell under the spell of Mannywood to welcome him to the second half of the season with open arms.

"That's my town," he said.

As well as the Dodgers played without Ramirez -- they had baseball's best record at the end of his suspension -- it's clear they're a different team with him in the lineup.

The Dodgers, who slugged 24 home runs in their first 29 games, hit only 35 long balls during his 50-game exile. Scoring dropped from 5.55 runs per game to 4.40.

In their nine games since Ramirez returned, the Dodgers belted 17 home runs and scored 62 runs.

More
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email