[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 03:15:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manny set for return as Dodgers face Pads  (Read 3139 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: July 03, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »

the dodgers played very well in his absence, but it's a totally different lineup when he's in it.  juan pierre hit extremely well in his 50 game stint, but will promptly find the bench tonight when manny comes back.  baseball is cruel, i suppose.  LA split a four game series at SD to start the season.

Manny set for return as Dodgers face Pads

Manny Ramirez's much-anticipated return to Los Angeles Dodgers' lineup won't come at home, but close enough to it that his reception might not be entirely negative.

The dreadlocked slugger returns after serving a 50-game suspension for violating baseball's drug policy Friday night in the opener of a three-game road series against the San Diego Padres.

Petco Park is expected to be sold out with plenty of Dodger fans making the roughly two-hour drive south to see the return of one of the majors' best and most enigmatic players. That support could counter the expected boos from the home fans who are eager to taunt Ramirez.

"I think the Dodger-Padre series down here always brings a little bit more energy but I think this will be heightened because of Manny, because he is one of the true lightning rods in the game today," San Diego manager Bud Black said.

Ramirez was hitting .348 with six homers and 20 RBIs in 27 games when he was suspended on May 7. There was evidence Ramirez used human chorionic gonadotropin, a fertility drug that's banned by baseball, a person familiar with the suspension told The Associated Press.

More
Wretched Excess

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »

we are a mere 45 minutes away from hearing Vin Scully say, "it's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime for dodger baseball".

i am looking forward to hearing his take on manny.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »

Yea!  Manny's back, and the Dodgers didn't implode without him!

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:55:54 PM »

Yea!  Manny's back, and the Dodgers didn't implode without him!

the pitching held up.  but our starting rotation is a big question mark, and while the bullpen has done a stellar job, i worry that joe torre's brilliant management is hiding fatal flaws with our relief pitching.  they are pitching a TON of innings.

frisco's first two pitchers are almost unbeatable. 

oh, and the NL west is suddenly the best division in the national league.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:58:43 PM by Wretched Excess » Logged
Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

YES!!!  I heard it! 

"it's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime for dodger baseball!"

the dodgers can lose, and I will still be okay if vin explains it to us.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:04:54 PM »

i see lots of dodger fans in the crowd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email